Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasssup1990

Does anyone know how to make an inverter? It needs to use 12vdc or 24vdc max input and pump out Min 220vac Max 250vac any wattage will do but try to get it high,very high. No complecated stuff like IC chips.

Thanks to the max if you can achive this!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Without IC things will get more complicated for you! :)

Any wattage? enough 2-3W? (VA) If yes, You can build a circuit with 220/2x9V/3VA mains transformer. In 2x9V side apply two transistors as amplifier,and other two for multivibrator. In this case the output signal square-wawe. When You need sinusoidal output, apply a sine-wawe oscillator for driving.

Generating high power Sine waves in inverter is much more complicated and ineffecient as compared to square wave inverter. This is due to presence of higher order harmonics in AC that is generated by simple sine wave oscillator without harmonic filters. Batteries last around 50% less in sine wave inverters than square wave ones with same capacity and configuration.

As I posted in your DC to AC post, check this site for a general idea

**broken link removed**

Thanks

Thankyou for everyone that replied to me. You have now made me learn what i need to know. You can keep on sending replys and i will keep reading your messages, and i will keep on submiting messages. :D :D

ill relply. i have a simple circuit for an inverter, but it uses an ic, the 555 timer and oscilator, nut its quite simple.

Clue us in ...

OK, so for my pennies' worth:-
What is to power ....
if you intend to run a switched-mode power supply then it could be important to generate sine waves (or pseudo-sine), if its just for simple loads such as a transformer (!) or a lamp then a simple square-wave would do.
If you drive a transformer with a square wave there can be a loss of efficiency due to it being designed for a narrow (and low) frequency range.

If it's just to experiment and learn then go for a simple square wave.
See...
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/simple-lie-detector.40/ (Stun Gun)
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/building-a-tv-out-for-a-usb-hard-drive-how.41/ (Strobe Light)
... they are very low power but are inverters. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back