Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverter Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

karyoker

Im drawing a another schematic and partial shows inverter circuit.

What are this chips? They are a discrete 8 DIP Marked APM 4546. I thought it was a Dual channel mosfet but the gate and source pins are reversed. 12V supplies the fuse in a good unit.

! have googled for hours.

schematic

I'm not able to find a datasheet for that part, can you provide one?

That's not going to help in the slightest determine what the actual chip is if I you can't find the PDF for it.

That's not going to help in the slightest determine what the actual chip is if I you can't find the PDF for it.

LOL Thats the question.. I cant find a data sheet for it or identify it. I have a Chinese CO that wants to sell me the chips but cant supply a data sheet.**broken link removed**

Last edited:
How about this guy? **broken link removed**

Look under "datasheet view". It makes a lot more sense that it's a combo N and P. My Google search terms were APM4546 mosfet. It was the first non-sponsored link.

I like to put the component type into the Google search because it tends to push the resellers down the list because they are a big pile of numbers and often don't know what they are selling.

Last edited:
Whew!!!! I looked at too many trees.... I still dont understand the grounded gates I guess I will go ahead and trace the source circuits and the rest and see if it makes sense. It;s just I reached this point and something didnt look right Thanks...

Red Faced Red faced!!! It was 2 in the morn when I drew the part for the schematic without pin numbers (mistake) I cpoied that other data sheet// Looking at the right data sheet pin 1 is source..... I shouldda noted where the notch is like I have done a thousand times and flopped it over and go 1....2...3.... clockwise...The sources are grounded..

Last edited:
Well that's perfectly normal then =)

Both sources might not be grounded, since one of the MOSFETs is a P and the other is an N.

I think this is about right. Ive been working on the other end. Here is more of the ckt.TLA 494 pin 10&111 go to Q107 & 108 and drive the gates. The dual diodes are BAV70 & BAV99..

more

i'm guessing you want to run it from 12V. so you have a source of 12V @ 100A, plenty of 00ga wire, a bank of MOSFETs than can safely chop 100A, and an appropriate transformer which would be a 12Vct@100A winding and a 120V @ 10A or a 240V @ 5A winding?

excuse me if i sound cranky about this, but why does everybody want a 1kW inverter right off the bat? try building a 100W one first then look at it as a matter of scale (do i really want to try something 10 times as big? and 10 times as heavy? and 50 times more expensive?)

look inside a 1kW UPS supply. that will tell you a lot about what you're up against. those are usually run from 24V or 48V batteries for a reason, which is the current requirements of the transistors and transformer.

Last edited:
A lot of the posters demanding 1kW inverters post exactly once. Apparently it's a common homework assignment. In third world countries (if it were practical) it could be a solution to unreliable power. Can't blame them for trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back