Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter anyone know how to build one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't do it, the mains voltage isn't the kind of thing children should play with.

Go into school and have words with the teacher.

On second thoughts, are you talking about a logic inverter?

Isn't this supposed to be your child's project? They should do it themself.

please help

i want to build an inverter precisely 12v,output of 220vac-240vac,of frequency 50-60Hz,power 1.5kva or 2.0kva.pls wud be grateful.i need the a fully understandable circuit diagram with materials i need and any info that wud help.i have tried but am frustrated :(,my nights are unbearable.waiting for ur reply.thanks

inverter

hello,this is my project.12v,220v-240v,50-60hz1.5kva or 2.0kva.pls need help wud be grateful.i know its costly to build but am an electrical student and i need to submit on time.need an understandable circuit diagram.thanks as u reply.merrychristmas and happy newyear.

>>a large bank of deep cycle batteries

Are all the "request for inverter" posts like these from people in India? I've seen some scary pictures of rooms full of batteries, women carrying batteries around on their heads...

Last edited:
3rd world countries have electricity that barely works. People steal electricity there and they even steal the electrical distribution wires!
So the people use inverters to make their own electricity.

I am about to build a test solar panel out of 1/2 solar cell pieces 3x6,im getting 108 pieces!! I havent got them yet so im collecting all the information i can before i start. I have a 400w,200w and a 90w DC to AC converters i know these will work for my project.As well as 2 deep cycling 12v batteries,I just want to power my greenhouse wich uses 240W!but my question is i have an old generator 3000w can i use the power board to convert battery power to AC this is for a future project!! thanks ralobro

Some things are not practical to build and this is one of them. I bought a new 2KW DC to AC inverter on ebay for $78. 12 volts DC in 120 volts AC out. There is no way I could build one for that price. You have to watch ebay like the stock market if you don't see what you want this week or next week just keep watching it will be there sooner or later.

500 watt power inverter

Hi i want to build a 500 watt power inverter.I want to learn how you built yours.
I want to know how you built your 500 watt inverter.
Thanks

Here is a schematic of a 300 watt modified sinewave I built about 20 years ago before there was H-bridge driver IC's available to make the job much easier.

The design of the ferrite transformer is the most involved piece.

For 240 vac instead of 120vac the transformer has to be higher turns ratio to yield about 310 vdc. Output MOSFET's must be 400v breakdown.

Attachments

• power_inverter_300w.pdf
    135.3 KB · Views: 265
The schematic looks very complicated.It is beyond my head.

Pretty straightforward - look at it a section at a time.

However, it is a pretty old way to do it, and class-D with true-sinewave would be preferred nowadays.

As already suggested, it's far cheaper to just buy one.

hello my friend did you get this circuit working. I have been trying it for weeks dont know where I go wrong please reply so we can make a link . thank you

LOL! The zombie inverter thread, started five years ago and keeps coming back to life.

Lillian - did you build the one from the pdf file RCinFLA posted, or the one Bubbat posted? If it was the one from Bubbat, please note the comment from Nigel directly below it where he says it doesn't work.

Thank you for your reply I am not sure which file someone sent me the file I will upload to you and you check. I have been trying for weeks and not getting through please help me here

Let's start by breaking the problem in half - are you getting the +150Vdc?

If not, the problem is on the SG3525A circuit and associated overcurrent shut-down control (that bank of LM324 op-amps). This steps up the +12V through the transformer to the high voltage needed by the rest of the circuit. It operates at a higher frequency (around 20kHz) than the mains frequency (60Hz). The reason it generates +150V instead of 110V is this is the peak voltage instead of the RMS voltage.

If you are getting the +150Vdc, the problem is on the side with the 120Hz oscillator and related drivers. This chops up the +150Vdc into the 60Hz cycle (two 120Hz half-cycles) through the mosfets connected to the outlet itself. The mosfets are connected in an "H-bridge" pattern which drives the output through diagonal pairs alternately - Q5 & Q8, then Q6 & Q7.

Last edited:
Thank you Duffy I really appreciate your reply. I am building the inverter in stages. I am building the 150v side of the inverter first. The problem I am having now is the first time I connect power to the circuit i will get a voltage out like 190 or more it takes a little time to reach this. IT starts about 21v and clime up slowly. Whenever I connect the feedback loop the voltage will go down to 155 or so when I power off and connect again I see the circuit starts to draw higher current if i keep it on long it blows the fets. When i disconect the drive to the fets and check the output pin 11 and 14 of the sg3525 i see the voltage of one of them increase to sometimes 8 or 10 voltes and the ic is blown . The frequency remains at what ever it was set at. Just dont know what is happening . Lost a lot of ics this way but I dont want to give up I need your help on this. Tell me should I be getting 20Khz at pin 11 and 14 I know with your hepl I can get it right. thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back