Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inverted Pendlum Project - need some guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I have to do a project on 3D inverted pendlum for my final year. Could you just guide me by giving me some links or reference material that may help me get started especially if you have done it in the past.

Even if you could provide me with links to the 2D inverted Pendlum that shall also be helpful for the time being.

I just need someone to guide me so I may get started thats all.

Also Google "fuzzy logic inverted pendulum" for many hits. Fuzzy logic is generally easier to implement in a microprocessor than PID control, is easier to understand, especially for a beginner, and requires less computer capability. The control loop basically just consists of a series of If-Then statements.

Last edited:
The essential item with this project is to examine an equation of motion associated with the translation, and also a separate equation of motion for the rotation. This would give you 4 state variables, for the 2D case. If you then consider the axis perpendicular to the 2D motion, you would have 4 more state variables. ... Total of 8.
As I recall, one of Dorf's later editions covered the 2D version in some detail.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back