Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interrupts - PIC16F877A (urgent - need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee

hi, i am new to PIC programming. i do know the basics of the c programming but i am now required to write a program using interrupts (with MPLAB using c language).

the situation is in such that when a keypad is pressed, an interrupt takes place. the lcd display will prompt the user for input.

i know nothing about interrupts except GIE. could anyone pls give me a hand in this on how to go about writing interrupts (and everything i shud know about it) or recommend a good site where i can learn about interrupts?

need help urgently on this. thank you in advance for your time.

The interrupt you require consists of either 1. external interrupt (RB0) or 2. interrupt on change (RB7:RB4).

if you plan on using number t2o, then all you needed to do is set INTCON registers bit 7,6,3 to set, and clear the intcon bit 0 after it went to interrupt routine.

hi skyrock,
thank you very much for the reply. i am using interrupt on change (RB7:RB4).
how do i start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back