Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Insane loading times

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
I have a G4 connection and have tried 5 different browsers all of which are upto date. This site can take upto 20mins to load a single page although with chrome this is cut to 11 mins. Its seems to spend forever on the bit that says Ajax.googleapis.com

Anyone else having stupid load times? this has been going on for weeks and has stopped me using the site

Hey, LG! Good to see ya.

Tried the link (w/ Mozilla) Got to "Google Hosted Libraries" very quickly (couple of seconds).

I'm on an ATT 6Mb down, 1Mb up DSL line.

No probs here. Pages typically load in <2sec. FF on Win10, with NoScript and AdBlock.

No problem here either (Chrome, win 7). However, I use uBlock as adblock allows advertisers to buy immunity.

Mike.

Ditto... Win 10 and edge here... Very fast... Take a look at your TCPIP stack... If you are running Win 10 the last update trashed mine and slowed me down to a snails pace.... TCP optimiser or google net refresh... I did a NETSH / reset then a reboot, then all was fine..

I run win 8.1 (no idea why) didnt think of the stack I will clear it and try again. win 8 had a update a while back. no idea why its this site though. brb lets ee what happens

slightly better but still takes a couple of mins to load.....I destroyed my laptop so thats not an option. I might take a deeper look into it at some point, but its a PITA for a single site giving me problems. I might try and switch back to G3 see if that helps

its only page load times, once loaded i can post etc very very fast.

... Try the Google DNS servers.... 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 They speed stuff up!
Ian, please forgive my ignorance, but how does one do that?

(Since I'm still using a 300 Baud modem :banghead:... just kidding))

no idea why its just electrotech but appears it causes my bluetooth (didnt know the pc had it!) to try and make the connection, i tether from a cell phone hence the G4. disabling the bluetooth seems to have improved it.

I need alot more computing power so building a new pc soon, not fixed the spec yet but going to go with assisted water cooling again and maybe 10-12 cores. Some of the things i am into hammer the processor and i would like to offload some the work to a graphics card cores. this time building a 'desk' pc with all the parts inside a desk with a glass top and hepa filter inlet. Sounds expensive but a trip to a computer show has made it pretty cheap :D.

Bob:

There should be a way to select "DHCP-addresses only" and your likely IPV4. Then you can add Goggle's primary and secondary name servers.

Problem now solved, telling google to go mi,d its own business did the trick!! I blocked alot of the google stuff with the firewall and its much much better.

One other rant though, does google own youtube? Every time i google a video i get pages of you tube vids barely related, even though alot of the vids i watch would never be on youtube. I really hate the way they stick there stuff at the top regardless how useful it is. Any better search engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back