Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pages Not Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

tronitech

Several times over the past few days I've tried to view a particular thread and been greeted by a blank page with just the background image visible.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Windows 7 & Chrome.

I have Windows 7 and Chrome as well and have not had the problem you describe. Could it be a network issue on your ISP's end? Is your service flaky at times?

I too have seen this problem from time to time over the last few days. I am running W7 64 bit and Firefox 44.0.2 My ISP is Talktalk and I am in west Lancashire (UK) I find clicking on the refresh button normally clears the problem. I have not seen the problem occure using IE11 but I have not tried to reproduce it for very long.

Les

Win 7 and chrome , also not seen this problem recently. sometimes AVG holds up pages loading.

if refresh clears the problem , then it is most likely intermittent/poor network connection
try a speed test, how fast it goes isnt as important, but watch for "packets lost", the green bar under speedometer.
it could be a line issue, or server lag when too many people are online in the evening

sometimes modems can tell you the signal strength that it is receiving at, my modems here in Canada operate between +10 & -10 DB, ideal signal is 0db, going over or under those numbers can cause similar problems

yes those numbers are averages, the green bar underneath them shows jitters,if it is not a smooth line, maybe take screenshot?

also do it the next time you have problems, these things can occasionally be intermittent due to things like water on incoming line, or wifi jamming from other devices,

also maybe do a ping test to eto, it could be you are hopping through a server that is capped and overlogged

it's hard to identify these probs even for service tech , your best bet is to collect all the data you can for them...... once i had a customer who would push the #5 once on the cable remote, that would cause the equipment to continuously receive 5's over and over,, after multiple service calls of having techs exchanging remotes and tv boxes, and looking at her like she was crazy("cause it only happened at night") , I showed up, she was nearly in tears with fears of ghosts and tricksters , I noticed that she had 2 mirrors face to face at opposite corners of the room, it was causing the remote signal to bounce back and fourth, I advised her to cover one of them up, and for reassurance left her my number.. but she never called back...

I have also seen euro phones jam americ wifi, any time you would pick it off the hook , the wifi would drop..... channel rotation did not fix...

I know these may not be your situations here, but just examples of things you could be facing....

Same problem here: Win10 latest, Firefox latest. Control + F5 (refresh) clears the problem.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back