Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inline UK 13amp Ammeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdhaslam

Hello all,

I have been searching for an inline 13amp UK 3-pin on the web and only finding expensive ones, eg: **broken link removed**

I was think ing that surely it is possible to build one? I doubt I could make one from scratch but take a normal ammeter and put it in a box, rewire it with a socket built into the box and add a trailing plug. This is simply so I can go round the house finding how much power each of the electronic devices uses and so find out how I can reduce my bill!!!

I tried searching the web for similar projects but came up with nil. Anybody already done this or suggest an ammeter which could be reconfigured?

Thanks in advance for the help!

P

Crude measurement of the current isn't much help to you, but you can easily (and cheaply) buy electronic meters that directly display the power consumption for you, designed to match your exact requirement.

An example is on this link.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back