Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inexpensive solar panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't an outhouse a "loo" that is outside without heating, without lighting, without water and without a sewer? Used in uncivilized countries?
I think hunters and fishermen in Canada use an outhouse when they are away from civilization.

well in the UK it was used up to the 50's or later and to call the UK in the present day uncivilized is not far off the mark anyhow !

well in the UK it was used up to the 50's or later and to call the UK in the present day uncivilized is not far off the mark anyhow !

Coal is still used today, but much less than it used to be - I'm impressed that Canada had gas powered central heating and indoor water closets back in the 17th century. Obviously the 'uncivilised' UK was far behind the times :p

Natural gas simply comes out of a pipe in the ground. Coal comes from the ground but not out of a pipe?
Natural gas is inexpensive and burns cleanly. Coal burns with plenty of pollution.
"Loos" in Canada today are indoors, are heated, have hot and cold running water and most use a sewer for the waste (some homes in Quebec use a septic tank in the ground).

Natural gas simply comes out of a pipe in the ground. Coal comes from the ground but not out of a pipe?
Natural gas is inexpensive and burns cleanly. Coal burns with plenty of pollution.
"Loos" in Canada today are indoors, are heated, have hot and cold running water and most use a sewer for the waste (some homes in Quebec use a septic tank in the ground).

Same here but I'd hardly call many of the english people civilized ! :D (particularly those that use the loos where I work and spit in lifts in my local shopping centre)

In Canada most people are "middle class".
The doctors, lawyers and politicians are well paid "upper class" and the homeless bums have nowhere to live, no income and are "lower class".

thats funny, in the UK we have a common class for two of yours: bums and politicians :D

Around here they are separate.
Most of the bums are at least slightly useful. They pick up cans and recycle them for money or will wash your car window for a $1. ;)

The politicians just want your $1 and dont clean up anything. :(

My daughter went to Waterloo University. It had plenty of "loos" but had no outhouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back