Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductive coupling detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

neko_whisker

Any idea how to build it? I used to put my cellphone into the box where it's sensor can feel vibration upon the incoming sms as I am deaf and I don't like to carry it in my pocket around in my home. Now I would like to change as I have seen flash sticker and all cellphones come in different shapes.

I would like to design the inductive coupling detector circuit such that I can place my cell phone next to the detector that can give visual alert. :)

I tried searching for simple inductive coupling circuit for tutorial in internet and experiment before I improve it, but cannot find it.

Cell phones carries radio waves so I think it might induce current into detector just like flash sticker. I think so

https://www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp
The Dock-N-Talk charges cell battery. I plugged the Dock-N-Talk into the house phone wiring. Now when the cell rings, all the phones in the house ring. It will drive a “flashing light” or “vibrator” used by the deaf.

I know this is not exactly what you want but it will allow you to use any phone accessory even the ones used by the deaf.

Every time the cell phone communicates with the base station, a keep alive signal, it would flash. The dock-n-talk sounds good or you could connect it to a computer, you don't say what phone model you have, then you could send and receive SMS from the computer.

Any large inductor placed near the speaker will pick up the signal from a speaker which you can process any way you want. I did some playing around using a spare spool of 10BT wire and could pick up the sound the speaker was makeing simply from it's inductive coupling at a good 12 inches away, a smaller very fine wire inductor could probably pick up speaker signals within a few inches of the phone's speaker. How you procsess them is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back