Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inductive Charging

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a frequency that the "dog fences" use. Almost the same thing. Inductive pickup, but the loop is a little larger. lol
There is a frequency for "wire locators". I believe it may be the same as above.
I built a project that used a hole at 455khz.

If you build just one........Maybe you should check what is happening at that frequency. Police band!
If you build 1000 you need to be right!

I noticed there is a band 13.553 to 13.567mhz where you can have a large amount of radiation.

"(a) The field strength of any emissions within the band 13.553–13.567 MHz shall not exceed 15,848 microvolts/meter at 30 meters."

Last edited:
Heres an interesting circuit, with values.
Its for a toothbrush and charges baterries straight from the mains.
I did something like this way back, though it operated on 12v, it was a strobe for a boat and it charged itself via its stand inductively.
Dont hope for high effeciency, unless you spend a lot of time developing such devices waste more than they put out.

I cant wait to get paid this week and order some parts and goto radioshack for that magnet wire.. I think thinnest is better but it comes in a 3 size pack... ill be sure to get a couple packs... Ill also be sure to document it because i forget a lot of stuff i do :)

The toothbrush chargers work well as they usually have a metal cored former in the base which sticks up and goes inside the receiver coil, and quite short distances, some mm.

I really don't think it would be that hard, the main thing is the mechanical construction constraints and distances, and the amount of power you need to receive. If it's only a handful of mA it should be easy. If you need to fast charge a Li battery at 500mA that's a different thing!

I watched closely the development of this product. It was originally a school project and turned into a real business: **broken link removed**

I know It is a very simple device. It has a coil printed on a multilayer PCB and it can also transfer data (feedback data to the transmitter). I believe the new Nokia phones are compatible with their transmitter.

13.56 MHz is an industrial frequency. Some products include: **broken link removed**

I maintained a 1000W 13.56 MHz transmitter for an RF plasma deposition system (Sputtering). No license required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back