Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

increasing output cap on SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The frequency shifting is to help detect output short conditions at low power. It does not make up for the inductor being of the wrong inductance. You are going to decrease the capability of the supply if you go with a larger inductance.

The guy at picbits might be using it that way, but it's not optimal. The inductor is specifically selected using the switching frequency and inductor current needs. Nothing else affects it.

I could see where you might need a larger current carrying inductor, but it should be the same inductance.

EDIT: Finally see what you're seeing on the datasheet. Let me calc the value for your exact specs and post it tomorrow. Stupid internet is down at the house. :((

Last edited:
The guy at picbits might be using it that way, but it's not optimal.

picbits is a member of this forum actually, I don't know the reasoning behind the larger inductor I'm just doing as told

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back