increase the range of clamp on ammeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi MrAL

You see, I venture into stuff I am not sure about...and end up with pie on my face. I am learning though. Took a walk on the "wild side" last night.

And it backfired in my face. LOL.

How is it going with the Emergency/Backup light you purchased.

You opened it yet?

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:

can you post a photo or diagram of what you did to get the (assumed) high frequency induction heater to work? I think there are some good uses for being able to heat up some stuff using such a method.

If I am not mistaken there is no high frequency induction involved. Just a plain old 50Hz welder basically, similar to a solder gun.

I watched your video and I can give you a rough estimate that even with the largest nail you are not likely going much over a few hundred amps.

My stick welder on the 250 amp setting can easily make the same effect with 1/8" welding rods and that's a fairly stable and accurate 250 amp output.

Your rewound transformer doesn't even sound like its working hard which is good.

I do have to admit melting stuff just for giggles is rather fun.

Hi,

Oh no i didnt get to do that yet. I meant to but other things came up. I'll have to think about getting back to that soon. I will probably also modify it so it works a little differently, and check out the charging system to see if they are overcharging the batteries at all.

Thanks MrAL

I understand. Looking forward to your tests...and the results thereof

As always,

tvtech

yeah, i'd like to see if he ends up deserving a Wile E Coyote award....... just as long as he's not in the running for a Darwin award....

yeah, i'd like to see if he ends up deserving a Wile E Coyote award....... just as long as he's not in the running for a Darwin award....

HI,

What do you consider a Wile E. Coyote award? I dont use Acme parts

Whats wrong Uncle Jed ? Say whatever you need to say.

I don't mind. Either way

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…