Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

increase the range of clamp on ammeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi MrAL

You see, I venture into stuff I am not sure about...and end up with pie on my face:). I am learning though. Took a walk on the "wild side" last night.

And it backfired in my face. LOL.

How is it going with the Emergency/Backup light you purchased.

You opened it yet?

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
just for fun I removed the secondary from a microwave oven transformer and wrapped a turn of 00 gauge wire inplace. it is just for fun for melting screws, bolts, and nails. it works great, but I wanted to get an accurate measurement of the current flowing through it. I picked 4000 cause its an easy multiple of 400.

can you post a photo or diagram of what you did to get the (assumed) high frequency induction heater to work? I think there are some good uses for being able to heat up some stuff using such a method.

If I am not mistaken there is no high frequency induction involved. Just a plain old 50Hz welder basically, similar to a solder gun.

I watched your video and I can give you a rough estimate that even with the largest nail you are not likely going much over a few hundred amps.

My stick welder on the 250 amp setting can easily make the same effect with 1/8" welding rods and that's a fairly stable and accurate 250 amp output.

Your rewound transformer doesn't even sound like its working hard which is good.

I do have to admit melting stuff just for giggles is rather fun. :p:p

Hi MrAL

You see, I venture into stuff I am not sure about...and end up with pie on my face:). I am learning though. Took a walk on the "wild side" last night.

And it backfired in my face. LOL.

How is it going with the Emergency/Backup light you purchased.

You opened it yet?

Regards,
tvtech

Hi,

Oh no i didnt get to do that yet. I meant to but other things came up. I'll have to think about getting back to that soon. I will probably also modify it so it works a little differently, and check out the charging system to see if they are overcharging the batteries at all.

Hi,

Oh no i didnt get to do that yet. I meant to but other things came up. I'll have to think about getting back to that soon. I will probably also modify it so it works a little differently, and check out the charging system to see if they are overcharging the batteries at all.

Thanks MrAL

I understand. Looking forward to your tests...and the results thereof :)

As always,

tvtech

yeah, i'd like to see if he ends up deserving a Wile E Coyote award....... just as long as he's not in the running for a Darwin award....

yeah, i'd like to see if he ends up deserving a Wile E Coyote award....... just as long as he's not in the running for a Darwin award....

HI,

What do you consider a Wile E. Coyote award? I dont use Acme parts :)

Whats wrong Uncle Jed ? Say whatever you need to say.

I don't mind. Either way ;)

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back