Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm new to PIC, pls help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% sure OP understands LVP ... all pic's do LVP , just getting into program mode requires either the PGM pin high ( depends on device ) , or at least 12v on the Vpp pin after a reset. the 883 has a PGM pin and a config setting just to confuse !
I thought this too but on the 8 pin pics they don't have a PGM pin.

Mike.

It's funny for less then $3 I can get a bunch of parts from china with the shipping cost from places like digkey

Here in the UK they are the most expensive for a hobbyist, minimum spend and high P&P last time i looked .

Very strange. I haven't noticed any minimum spends and shipping is $10 to Canada, even though this is across the World - I'd figure any other place will be closer to them, so shipping would be the same or less. They have the best prices on PICs. Perhaps, you should check again.

And I'm about sure the op has some settings set wrong which happens with not knowing what your setting

They have the best prices on PICs. Perhaps, you should check again.
I have just checked , seems things have changed , does not appear to be a minimum order now, small order shipping 5GBP so reasonable , apologies MC :sorry:

Hy 32bit,

I see you are from Vietnam: care to enter it in 'Location' on your user page so that it shows in the window at the left of your posts. Knowing your location helps us to make better replies to requests because we can get an idea of the components you can access and also the characteristics of your mains supply.

spec

Ok guys, new problem: I bought a new pk2, programs my 12f629 and my 16f628a properly, but when I use my 16f54 (F54, not C54), it fails. The chip is code-protected, somehow. Please help. (I haven't even used it ONCE and I bought it 2 months ago.)

Oh, and btw, I found an official Microchip retailer here in Vietnam, but they only sell PK3 and it is verrry expensive.

Have you tried erasing the chip before programming? Sometimes they get in a weird state.

There is no feature to "write protect" a 16F chip. Code protect only prevents anyone from reading out the code that's in the chip so they can't create copies of the chip.

I meant read protect :p . Sorry about that.

I tried erasing and disabling code protect for many times, but every time when I restart PK2 program and read the chip, it says "All protect" (code protect). Pls help!

I've never seen that before.

I thing I have found is if the PICkit 2 acts weird, the best thing to do is unplug it from USB, kill the GUI program and start over. Shutting down both the POCkit and software gets a clean reset.

What he sees is he one has it set to wrong chip and or has it hooked up wrong.
Baseline chips can be buggie

Last edited:
Ok guys, I selected the correct chip in the beginning already and I tried to kill Pk2 software AND unplugging the physical Pk2. Still doesn't work.

Works great with a 10F200 though

Like this is a way to hook it up
PIC16F54.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back