Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm looking to purchase several "555" repeat cycle 4-12vdc timers. Where should I look to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Barnhill

I'm looking to purchase several "555" type repeat cycle 4-12vdc timers. Where should I look to find such a thing?

Attachments

• timer.jpg
    timer.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 169
The datasheet for an ordinary 555 says its minimum supply voltage is 4.5V then some of them will not work with only 4V. A Cmos 555 works fine at 4V but its output current is much lower than an ordinary 555.

Welcome to ETO, Steve!

I'm looking to purchase several "555" type repeat cycle 4-12vdc timers. Where should I look to find such a thing?
What are your interval timing/accuracy and output load requirements?

Reason I ask is that the 555, while a workhorse device, is not a very accurate timer, has extended timing issues and, by itself, does not support loads exceeding 200mA. The CMOS version (i.e., ICM7555) supports even less at 100mA. Thus for higher loads, a relay is required.

Ok, I'm looking to purchase 40-50 timers. I have searched the internet and haven't found anything...maybe I'm using the wrong search...I want to cycle a small dc motor (6vdc) on and off will be using 6vdc battery pwr. the picture on my original post above is such a timer however it costs $25.00....Some where out there is one that will preform the same task for much less dollars...

What on/off time intervals do you need?
Do the various timers need to be linked/synchronised in any way, or are they entirely independent?

I need the timers to be programmable..will use ~ 5 sec. on 5 sec. off (typ.) ....they do not need to be synchronized at all. each motor will have it's separate timer...Note I do not want to build anything...takes too much time would like to find a source for ready built timers....they are out there the pic on orig post is one such animal...

Thanks Tony, I ordered one of those you linked to, but they take a month to get and I'm not sure they will do the job. I'm hoping to find a source in the USA. I should have the one I ordered Sept 11- 29th. I ordered this one:
**broken link removed**

That works too, but differently. high tech duck hunting !

each needs to be programmed on power up only once. You might use 1 s On with different off times for each bird.

Use Mode 3 and choose T1 then T2 for any value.

memorized after power off.
Signal terminal voltage signal can be maintained for a long time.
Applied to control motor, bulb, LED light string, mini pump, etc.

Working modes selection: after power on, long press K1 for 2s, later into the selection of modes: P1~4; K2 to enter the mode.
P-1: Monostable trigger delay, a signal to trigger relay, time is up, the relay disconnect;
P-2: A signal trigger and countdown begins, T1 seconds after, the relay open T2 seconds, then close;
P-3: Open T1 seconds, disconnect T2 seconds, infinite loop. Users can set the relay time T1 and T2;
P-4: The relay opens when a signal triggers, when the trigger signal disappears, digital countdown begins, and the relay closes when the time is up.

The use a big Ah battery to power all the birds. Large Marine batteries are only 30~50Ah if new, so conserve ON time or shop around, unless each has a battery.

That's what I've thought...different times for each so it gives the strobe effect randomly. I think these will work but the guy selling them will not allow more than 10 items each 10 days...donno what that's about..Ohh well, they seem to be the ticket...I own a duck hunitng outfitter and during the winter we will have 10 to 15 of these at each blind...They can be seen flashing for miles on the flat Louisiana swamp lands...
Thanks again for the help, now I've gotta get this guy to sell me all that I need at one shot.
best regards,
Steve

The order from China should be Ok too but less silent with tiny relays..prob. ok

You probably could have built one in the amount of time you spent chatting in this thread and looking for pre-built ones online. Much more cheaply too :p

You probably could have built one in the amount of time you spent chatting in this thread and looking for pre-built ones online. Much more cheaply too :p
yea Cuz prolly could have....and If you had read my first post you would have prolly seen that I need 40 or 50 timers (maybe more).....sooo there's that....jus sayin'
Steve ;)

<Mod edit: Behave yourself. Rudeness towards other members is not tolerated here.>

Last edited by a moderator:
yea Cuz prolly could have....and If you had read my first post you would have prolly seen that I need 40 or 50 timers (maybe more).....sooo there's that....jus sayin'
get a life,
Steve ;)

Woah there, watch it.

First of all, it was a joke. Get a sense of humor.

Second of all, that information wasn't in your first post. You gave very little information in your initial post, which leads to vague answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back