Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ignition circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure you can buy a new snapper for less than anything you can build, but if you want to do it, a 6 volt lantern battery and automotive ignition coil should produce enuf spark.

Speaking of "snappers", does anyone know if the quartz crystals inside those things loose power? I've seen a few that just don't give the 'ouch' spark anymore...

Arctic Fox said:
Speaking of "snappers", does anyone know if the quartz crystals inside those things loose power? I've seen a few that just don't give the 'ouch' spark anymore...
yeah, iv'e had a few where the power has deteriorated, some of them were opened to find the quartz crystal had lots of chips or even broken into pieces.

iv'e got a nice one from my old boiler (old boiler but new sparker) i can get 8mm sparks from it, not painful though (not to me anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back