Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Identification & LTSpice Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

codan

Hi,

Could someone tell me what the components are from N1 to N6 in the attachment, are they NOT gates?

Is there a way to model these in LTSpice or is there an existing model in the program?

Thanks

Attachments

• 12A.gif
    12A.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 599
4000 series hex inverter with hysterisis. Look here

Join the Yahoo LTSpice Group. Down load symbols and models for the entire 4000 series CMOS family from there.

N1 is an oscillator with asymmetric High and Low periods.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,

In LTSpice i found the model attached, the schematic above shows what looks like one input & one output for each, the model attached has three pins, is this suitable for simulating this circuit?

Forgot attachment?

hi codan,
That will get the job done.

You should set the operating voltage for the model.

example: if its 5V logic, use a Spice line to set Vhigh=5 Vlow=0

OK.?:)

EDIT:
for a sim, I wouldn't use N2,3,4

EDIT2: added image

Attachments

• esp01 May. 12.gif
    esp01 May. 12.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Gday Eric,

Thanks for that, i get what you mean from the attachment.

Why leave out N2 3 & 4 for the sim, would you use these in a proper circuit?

Gday Eric,

Thanks for that, i get what you mean from the attachment.

Why leave out N2 3 & 4 for the sim, would you use these in a proper circuit?

hi,
The spare invertors are paralled to give more drive onto the FET gate.
I would use them in the actual circuit but not in this sim.

Note: if you are using schmitts in a sim, then be sure to set the switching thresholds to suit your real devices.

I would suggest you join the Yahoo LTS users group.:)

The extra gates in parallel are just for extra drive current, they shouldn't effect much in the real world and they're just extra parts to slow down a simulation.

Thanks guys for the explanations, i will join the users group, you never know i might learn something:(

Any question, especially newby, you might ever ask about LTSpice has already been answered, probably several times, and can be keyword searched on the Yahoo LTSpice Forum. There are also a lot of spice models, symbols, examples in the FILES section on the Yahoo group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back