Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ideas for Interfacing Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawadlateef

Hello!
It is my vacations, i think that it is the right time for me to learn something about interfacing of electronic circuits with computers.
I want you guys to please help me giving ideas that how to start messing with this interfacing.
Simple projects are also required to practise.
Thanks to all of you in advance.

jawadlateef said:
Hello!
It is my vacations, i think that it is the right time for me to learn something about interfacing of electronic circuits with computers.
I want you guys to please help me giving ideas that how to start messing with this interfacing.
Simple projects are also required to practise.
Thanks to all of you in advance.
the i/f method will be specific to a design need . usual i/f are (in order of complexity) parallel port , serial port, usb , custom isa/pci card .
as a beginer i would recommend using the parallel port for u. search the forum and net u to get lot of info.

I am an amateur radio operator and most of the new equipment I can purchase is such that a computer interface is provided. It is usually a two wire TTL type connection and the need is to connect to RS-232 (pseudo), USB or possibly other interfaces. Commercial interfaces are available however many choose to build their own so there is some information available by those who have already done it. For some equipment free software will work - for others the manufacturer's software is required. I am somewhat certain that the same kind of interfaces are required for scanners and other more broadly used electroncic equipment. You might take a close look at this as an area to explore. Consider extending to bluetooth or other wireless interfacing methods. Lots to learn here - start simple, borrow from others then add your own touch.

Good luck.

Thanks both of you for encouraging me to learn in a better way.
I am searching for it but plzz keep on telling me new things about it and any of your great experiences so that i could have a better command on it.
Thanking you all again.
P.S. If you find any link or sort of a book plzz let me know about it\
bye

There are a lot of short articles on the web that diagram this, but from the sound of things, you're also wanting to know how to interface to the PC safely. Beyond logic has some of best-written guides to port interfacing; and they cover both the software and **broken link removed**. It's pretty much a one-stop shop for port examples.

Also, (especially if you're using a COM port) you'll hear a lot about the ledgendary MAX232 (.pdf file) and equivalent **broken link removed** (.pdf file) series chips that convert TLL voltages to RS-232 and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back