Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Idea for a new competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

Hi guys,
How about the concept about holding a competition for making projects based on RE ( Renewable Energy). The idea is open source and every entry that has merit will receive a prize of some sort. The goal will be to encourage those uC minded people to enter in the good spirit of knowing what they excel at can be used for good things.

I will personally do what I can to provide RE based prizes or small cash prizes if the entry member chooses.

The ultimate goal of this competition is all valid entries will be included in the RE section of this forum to provide members with decent DIY projects to make for themselves.

I hope this concept can be seen as a valid one where in the long run the content of this forum is greatly enhanced and the members involved are rewarded.

Regards Bryan

Note : I would request that 3v0 be the main moderator for this concept if it is taken.

Nice! :)

So what limitations or levels are there going to be? Some of use have wide open places and fair RE systems already in place while others are small apartment city dwellers lucky to have a sunny window sill for a few hours a day.

Plus what levels of difficulty and or practicality are they likely to be grouped into?

The goal will be to encourage those uC minded people to enter in the good spirit of knowing what they excel at can be used for good things.

Being one of the uC minded people around here, I'd be willing to have a go. However, I have no idea what is needed. Any pointers?

Mike.

I would think remote data monitoring / storage of power production?
Or perhaps creating a robot using a uC and solar power.
Thats what popped up in my mind when I first read this thread.

That make sense. Not being much of a uC guy I was wondering about its applications in AE other than MPPT systems and solar panel tracking devices.

But overall there are in fact loads of different small scale AE systems that could easily be done at any scale. Thunderchild has a thread about using Peltier devices as thermo electric generators so thats something that has no upper or lower scale limits and doesn't actually need to be outdoors to be functional or practical. Just a big enough heat differential and its good to go.

Hi Guys,
Well sofar the reaction is positive on this RE based competition. My aim is to wait for lets say 2 weeks to find if the wider membership of this forum is warm to this idea. As yet the guidelines for the comp hasn't been written and I'll get started writing it tonight and hopefully in the next 2 weeks I can post it if the concept is accepted.

Regards Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back