Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICL 7107 digital voltmeter helps needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm building ICL 7107 digital voltmeter with 200mV full scale as Figure 12 (page 11) on https://www.intersil.com/data/fn/fn3082.pdf.
Here is the problem I'm facing:
it shows random numbers, sometimes showing 1666, and it has no effects even when I try to calibrate by adjusting the potentiometer or shorting the inputs pins the values remain the same. Even the whole potentiometer is removed the value still stay there!
I have read through the datasheet and couldn't find any possible defects of the components that might have caused this.:confused:
I have tried to replace the 0.1 microfarad capacitor with 1 microfarad but the problem remains the same and I did check the connection trace.
So, I was wondering if you have any idea? and Thanks in advance, that really means a lot to me.:)

William

perhaps, as i observed, you already had the answer, at an alternate site and this is a multiple trial.

perhaps, as i observed, you already had the answer, at an alternate site and this is a multiple trial.

no, I didn't get the answer from any of the forum but I manage to solve it, that because the legs soldered and the capacitor though tested shorted using multi meter but the contact is insufficient, they cannot be used in capacitor.

congrats.
the capacitor leads can be scratched a little and pre tinned before soldering on to the location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back