Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC to Control Fan PWM via Thermistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkidd22

I'm trying to implement a fan pwm management circuit using a PANR 103395-408 10K thermistor and a microchip TC648BEOA controller.
The target temperature is 50-65 degrees C which equates to thermistor values of 3588ohms at 50C and 2086 @ 65C. The fan is 24V and will be using a transistor to control it.

My issue is trying to have PWM duty cycle be 'linear' at the 50-65 range, 0 to 100% respectively, but after doing some calculations it seems that using a simple resistor divider will not accomplish this because of the 1.2V-2.6V input requirements on the TC64. I might have to use an op-amp to alter the slope, but want to see if anyone has some clever suggestions.

My issue is trying to have PWM duty cycle be 'linear' at the 50-65 range, 0 to 100% respectively,
AND!! PWM isn't linear either... You need a sinusoidal curve to drive the fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back