Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2c with serial eeprom...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
The it is not working...only 0xff is working when chip is removed due to pull up, other than this data it is not working...,why?

Hi,
The it is not working...only 0xff is working when chip is removed due to pull up, other than this data it is not working...,why?

I2C is not easy to debug. You'll need an oscilloscope or a logic analyzer. At least you need to read the datasheet of the device. I could take a look but you have not even told us what eeprom chip you are using. Could you post a link to the correct datasheet so I can be sure we are reading the same document.

Its from Microchip i am searching on there site......
chip code atmlu020 mention on it

I bet you 10 USD that it is not a Microchip eeprom. I bet you another 10 dollars that it is Atmels AT24Cxx. Anyway, I believe these kind of eeproms are pretty standard regardless of who made it, but it is always good to use the correct datasheet.

Last edited:
Have you connected WP to ground or supply voltage?

Yes All Ad0-3 and WP to GND and using 9K pull up...

Your first post said "AD0 - AD2 to GND".. now it is Ad0-3.
Well, anyway, The connection of WP is correct.
Post a link to the datasheet you are reading.. I hope you are reading it.

OK, This is what written on it...
ATMLU020
2F8 2
0F2920A

I did not find any i2c eeproms with code 2F8.. are you sure about that? The closest I found was AT24C512C which has the code 2FC on it.
Where did you get the chip? Are you sure it is a i2c serial eeprom? How much memory you think it has?

Not getting exact data sheet but is 64Kb EEPROM..

How do you know it is 64Kb serial I2C EEPROM? The only 64Kb i2c eeprom from Atmel I found should have the code 64DM on it.. not 2F8.

Hi,

Here is thje data sheet at post #3 **broken link removed**

Do you even know what a datasheet is? Have you read the datasheet.. or are you just providing some link to a datasheet because we asked for it?
What should I do with the datasheet? Write thousand lines of code so that you can move on to the next ******** project?

OK, This is what written on it...
ATMLU020
2F8 2
0F2920A
We need the datasheet for the ATMUL020... THIS IS NOT AN EEPROM..

Atmel EEPROMs have the marking ATMLU020 on them. The number is the year and month when the chip was made (2010, week 20, in this case).. under that is the code (truncation code) that tells what chip it is. None of the EEPROMS have marking 2F8 on them.. not the ones I checked. And I actually went through all the EEPROM datasheets on Atmels website.

Maybe it is a serial DataFlash, but Atmel does not make those anymore.. **broken link removed** bought the chip out of Atmel. If it is DataFlash, then it might be broken allready, because many of them are low voltage devices and 5v will destroy them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back