Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I would like to build a delay circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Kraig

I need 12v in and 12v out. Current will be triggered by a button switch. I want the delay to be about 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds before the the 12v device is triggered. At that time I would like the device to be powered for 1.5 seconds before the current stops.

Thanks for your assistance!

How much current are you switching?

Can you use a relay?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the relay. I am hoping to build this for holloween--for the kids. I want to be able to control an auto horn that is hooked up to a 12v power source.

Can you get a "horn relay" out of a junk car? I dont think that a car horn draws 30A, more like 10 to 15A. These typically have a 85Ω coil.

Here is a circuit that has about 1sec delay when the button is pushed, and then holds about 2.5sec when the button is released. The NE555 can drive the relay directly.

Wire the contact in the relay (not shown) between the + pole of the battery and the + side of the horn.

Attachments

• DF94.png
    DF94.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back