Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I would like a job in robotics, any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboWanabe

Hello ive just completed my Electronic Degree and i am excpexting a 2.1 or hopefully a 1st. Has anybody got any advice how to get into or know of any companys who make Robots that i could apply for?

Or has anyone got any jobs on offer :) lol

Thank you.

I knew a man that worked for Perry Tri-tech. They made robotic submarines. Lockheed Martin bought them. If I didn't need an income, I would have paid Them to let me work there!

Are you looking for job a as well ron :)

In this world there are no long term jobs, (that I know of).
I can get jobs for 1-3 months. One project at a time. With a 6 month gap in between.
No vacations, no medical, no retirement.

A friend was complaining that he has had no bump in pay in 8 years. The benefits have gone down every year.
I would be happy to get 10 years ago wages. Even 15 years ago.

Over the years I've worked with numerous robot techs. It could be a very demanding job because there's quite a bit of traveling involved mostly at a moment's notice at some ungodly hour of the night.

It's real nice (not) to be in a construction trailer in Gary, Indiana talking to your wife 600 miles away when she tells you that your little daughter made her first steps that day.

Many robot techs bail out after a few years and slide into a nice job at one of the customer's operations because they'll find out about a job opening before most other people. It's nice to hire an ex Fanuc guy when you have 53 of their robots.

There's almost always a job opening for a service tech at most robot companies.

A friend was complaining that he has had no bump in pay in 8 years. The benefits have gone down every year. I would be happy to get 10 years ago wages. Even 15 years ago.[/QUOTE said:
Like it or not, the "age of America" is over.

Intel is hiring techs and engineers sporadically, and they are world wide. Just go to their website and look through their openings for what you feel you are eligible for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back