Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I wonder what ever happened too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
I was helping plant a garden today and did a little day dreaming while running the tiller.
I thought about a couple of things I have seen on this forum and thought I would bring it up.

So whatever happened to the guy (or kid) that wanted to put a home made rocket system on his four wheeler?
And the guy that wanted to spin a laptop monitor over his head with a jet engine in order to map his thoughts, I think?
How about the poster that wanted a 10KV 20 amp power supply just to have it around in case he needed it?

Well you guys got any great threads or posts you put your two bits worth into that made you wonder what the follow up could be?

Share away if you want! You senior members must have some good past threads that occasionally still cross your mind now and then! :)

The terrorist wanna be and the guy in the Nigerian navy. Both wanted remote detonators.
As for infamous Walters, mstechca

And on electronicslab.com you've got Stephen the lamma.

Those students from India who, for their university project, were assigned to build a biped robot...with two polar coordinate arms...with vision...and smart enough to use the arms on it's own...and know which arm was nearest to the object to use...and decide whether it was best to hold things with just the fingers or carry it with the arm. Alas, it seems they didn't even know enough to pick the components to start with.

Last edited:
And the guy that wanted to spin a laptop monitor over his head with a jet engine in order to map his thoughts, I think?

Dang, what? Could you point to the thread?

I can't remember their name and it might not have been on this forum. I remember a really retarded poster who would ask stupid questions then get aggressive when he didn't like the answers.

The mind mapper guy? He was here for a few days before his whole Thread apparently got booted by electro tech. :(
It was a hoot! :p

He was here about two months ago I think. Someone else should remember him too. He had a way of just pissing every body off that tried to point out any rational and obvious flaw in his conceptual idea.

If you think the over unity nutters rub some people the wrong way here because of ignorance, self righteous BS, or conspiracy theory paranoia, they looked like amateurs compared to this goof! :eek:
I think there is some web site related to 'mind portal' or something like it. He came from there apparently. Self taught next level intelligence BS! He had no grasp of proven and simple physics.:eek: :p

I sort of wished electro tech had let him stay a few days longer! I had some real good counter arguments thought up based on his own stuff but he and his whole thread where gone by the next day.:(

<shudder> Oh yeah, I remember him. (the mind portal) guy. Grade AAA wacko fresh off the nutty bus. It's pointless to argue with people like that.

Grade AAA wacko fresh off the nutty bus. It's pointless to argue with people like that.

Depends on if you are good at debate and just dick enough to enjoy pushing someones buttons who's like that. ;)

I always wanted to get into it with one of those street preachers that condemns ever body based on his own personal views.
I have very High reading comprehension and memory. I have read the bible cover to cover and skimmed it a few times. I cant do the chapter and verse stuff but with a little help/trickery from the super bible thumper I could likely get him to do it for me! :D

I had the chance while I was in Las Vegas a two springs ago but the guy I was with really did not like those type of guys and would not let me have a few well placed shots at him over 'our god given free will to choose and believe what we want to believe' clause in the good book. Plus all that 'no mater what we do forgiveness is just a prayer away' stuff. ;)

There were loads of people around too! I think it could have been very amusing to watch! Plus if he did get physical he was about twice my age and half my size! :eek::D

Oh well maybe next time I am in Las Vegas, you never know!:p

Last edited:
FFS - somebody forward a memo to me next time.

I wonder what ever happened to the "continious" time loop computer guy. Couldn't seem to get it through his head that what he was describing was a neural-net computer, and it was always going to have a propagation delay.

Last edited:
Ah, yes, good old AND_ECE had some useless threads which lead to absolutely nowhere.

Last edited:
I have been doing some follow up reading on what I can find thats been mentioned so far. You have no idea how hard I have laughed while reading some of this stuff! :D

Thank you!:)

I like posters with email notification turned on and have been gone for ages.

Another fun topic will often look similar to this

I have a project that needs xyz etc and I want it cheap.

You don't even have any designing done nor the foggiest idea how it would work but you've already set a budget?

Or can't understand why something that seems simple to them doesn't exist because it's not simple or has yet to be discovered (see Sheet that resists, I think he too set a budget in an earlier thread)

Here's a sad excuse from some student (no location mentioned) who can't understand why nobody will do his assignments for him. PS his alias is "Lazy_Student" :p
Re: Help! Digital Clock Assembly source code needed!
i'm so sorry that i have to reply to this kind of things. you should always think, compare and judge things when you are in their right place and their right quality. maybe one day you'll get the chance to live in my shoes and in my country. and maybe then you won't drop out of your school 'cause you don't wanna got to the army, an' guess what? you even don't have the right to do the things you like to do, cause they are forbidden and then you think the only way to reach the things you like is leaving your country and after all the pressures and inclemencies that you've been through , you find yourself in the middle of somewhere that you don't belong. and you know why? cause the system never asked you what you liked. it just put you some where accidentally and of course some where it liked you to be. and you can't do nothing about it. 'cause if you say anything against the system, you'll be in its jail and locked up for --- knows how long. my favorite interest in life is art, specially music and movies, and i know about them the more you ever could imagine. and i'm living in a country that music is against the will of --- and so it's forbidden, and the chances for you to follow the field witch can lead you to the way to become a movie director or at least a simple worker in the movie industry - wich I can hardly name it industry- is 20 from 2000 interested ppl. so don't you think if you were in my place you would do the same things that i have done. if i get my bachelorette liscense( no matter in what field) then i get more chance of leavin' my country, and maybe then you can listen to my album an my music while working on your 8051 project. i'm so sorry that you people judge others as simple as you judged me. i'm so sorry.... have you ever felt that the more days you spend in your current situation the more you'll get far form the things that you like to do in your life?? well i have. so whenever you started to be judgemental you may be able to feel what i'm sayin' it dosen't matter to me anymore... cause i will only have chance until tomorrow. so don't bother yourself. as i said before, i'm so sorry that i had to reply to these kind of matters...

PS here's something that might help.
https://playhimoffkeyboardcat.com/

Last edited:
Heh, even if that were true, why would you want to increases the chances for a lazy person over the many much harder working, deserving people that I am sure must also exist in his country?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back