Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I wonder what ever happened too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's either a really crappy TV remote protocol or you got some funky sunshine on your planet. :D

Seriously, it came thru the window off a windshield somehow turned it on ?

kv

Edit: Maybe I just got played.

Last edited:
looky what I found.:D

**broken link removed**

It's not happened to just me.

kv:)

The TSOP series of IR receivers have versions that are harder to trigger so as to prevent interference from certain fluorescent light sources. But yeah, you'd think a decent protocol would take care of that.

Last edited:
The TSOP series of IR receivers have versions that are harder to trigger so as to prevent interference from certain fluorescent light sources. But yeah, you'd think a decent protocol would take care of that.

Yes, it's got to be a really crappy remote system to be turned on by sunlight or random interference.

Yes, it's got to be a really crappy remote system to be turned on by sunlight or random interference.

You gotta remember this has been about 8 yrs ago. Plus even that said people around here like their TV set's they won't replace them until it's clear they can't get more value out of it.

Poor "wages" coupled with a tons of kids an average "Mormon Family" ranges around 5 to 10 kids. Mom stay's home taking care of the brood maybe cutting coupons or other home business. The kids when their old enough pickup odd jobs which will make ends meet.

kv:)

Last edited:
Oh no! I remember that thread... had to read it again for the good laugh it presented.... I enjoyed AG's reply about the O.P. needing the transmitter to monitor his small crowd of monkeys that may be talking about him! LMAO!:D
The world is full of goofy goobers!
**broken link removed**

Funny how those things stick in our heads.

Actually, remember, we did have a few "worst/funniest or BEST OF threads over the last years", maybe a link to them would be in order. I will have to go find them.

Last edited:
I was hoping this would be cooked out a little more but it fizzled still funny though.

Not dead yet! I gave it a litte push!

Why would you want it to clap remotely? Why would you want it to do the other function remotely?

That's the question.

Why ? I just want to feed the Monkey more.

See where it leads.

kv

Edit: TCM feeding it now.

Am I one of the few that will give good advice and still put some fun behind it too?

Speaking of what ever happened too... I haven't had a service related call from my buddy I did the boiler install for in several months now. I still get emails and a friendly phone call but no more boiler questions.

If any of you read my 'Safety or common sense first' thread in the **** chat area, you would know what I am talking about! Its a long read but well worth it for a gut buster laugh! :)

He is my real life Meshtecha or Walters or who ever you can think of that gets repeatedly beat down by his own work from not listening or following simple directions. ;)

How do you tell someone they have unrealistic expectations.

I'm trying to tell some person in another thread you can't build a high end digital camera just cause you're too cheap to buy one.

I'm trying to tell some person in another thread you can't build a high end digital camera just cause you're too cheap to buy one.

Bill,

You do your best as you always do, even if they have no common sense. :)

Tell him, if you have to ask such simple questions, then you have no hope of completing such a difficult task.

Sometimes I tell people that I am not knowledgeable enough to mentor such a complicated project; that they should find someone smarter and/or more experienced than I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back