Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sircharlton

I've been gathering electronics from CRT's to computer modems, to LCD displays, wifi extenders and much more. I'd like to mail products I have to people who have junk stuff lying around such as, the cheap open circuit boards that serve purposes and to anyone who can give me a schematic to build something desirable like how to add relays in between wires, increase voltage, decrease voltage, build solar projects for my sail boat, etc..

I have a bunch of items I plan on picturing; items off of circuits (compacitors, diodes, transistors, heat sinks, transformers, and all the like and more).

I imagine mailing products of this calibar is cheap so that should help. If there's something larger I may expect the individual to pay shipping.

Other than that, I'm not sure if I'm in the "right" here to ask for this but any pros out there for their designs or anyone with necessary electronics tools they don't need are willing to trade for mine then awesome. This can start a relationship that can last for years so however this post goes I plan on having it up and keeping relationships with everyone longer than a day or two.

Kody
Florida, USA

In this throwaway age I imagine all serious hobbyists will have already salvaged potentially useful bits and bobs from discarded/unwanted/defective/out-dated electronic gadgets, so unless you have some very unusual and highly desirable components I suspect the cost of shipping them would exceed the price anyone would be prepared to pay for them. But good luck with your venture.

Actually yeah I've got parts from something 70 years old to parts from an $1100 printer. I know everyone has something that someone else wants

Your best bet would probably be to advertise the items on an online auction site, such as e-bay.

You'll probably have more success not calling them compacitors - they're capacitors. Unless there's a device I don't know.

Mike.

Actually yeah I've got parts from something 70 years old to parts from an $1100 printer. I know everyone has something that someone else wants

Go to digikey.com and look up the price of the capacitors you found. Most are Cheap. If you have something high priced, you'll have to figure out if it is high priced because it is rare and many people want it or because so few people need one that digikey is essentially charging for the convenience and warehouse space.

I don't think I would ever build a project with a 70-year-old part in it. New parts are so cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back