Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i want to make mp3 helpppp

Status
Not open for further replies.
thnx i want to ask you about your opinion serial doesn't keep the encoding of mp3
usb does? or i need a decoder ?and i wannt to ask you how to interface the pic to usb i mean what are the chips

thnx i want to ask you about your opinion serial doesn't keep the encoding of mp3
usb does? or i need a decoder ?and i wannt to ask you how to interface the pic to usb i mean what are the chips

You're not been at all clear what you're trying to do?, if you just want to transfer an MP3 file to the computer, them just buy a flash drive, no need for anything else.

Like Bill said you have to use a mp3 decoder with the pic and you would want usb so you could add songs to your flash or or you would have to remove it and use a adapter to load the songs from your cp. Making a pic store songs is just the small part. Play back would be the killer because you would have to make your own drivers for pic to talk to say your computer. People will help you on here but there not going to write the program for you. Most people on here are looking for how to fix the bugs in there own code and ways to to it better.

yes i know am not clear because it's my first project so really i dn't know any thing.yes initialy what i whant to transfer mp3 file from and to pic soo flash drive ic?and no need for mp3 decoder or anything?

If you have to ask these questions, there is no way you'll be able to design and build your own mp3 player. Build one from instructions on the web like the one be80be posted.
Since you are a noob, you should build something simpler. A POV LED project is kind of cool and not too hard to build. I suggest you build something like that.

Last edited:
no of course i dn't want you to write the code for me of course no the code is ok but the interface and the problem which i may face.

soo i will have pic and pc will transfer the information by usb (so i need usb driver)the pic will store the songs maybe i need extra memory to save on.
and if i want to let pic send songs to pc so that pc will play them then i must have mp3 decoder is that what you try to say to me?

Like Nigel said, you can just buy a flash drive. You can make your own flash drive with a USB capable PIC such as the 18F2550 and store the MP3s in the PICs flash memory. Then you can plug the PIC flash drive into a PC an play the file with media player. No MP3 decoder would be required on the PIC flash drive. Pretty expensive 32K flash drive if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back