Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I survived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circuit Curious,
The firearm aids only when you are near it and able to grab it in time. He could've been attacked elsewhere and still would have to defend himself with whatever is at hand.

Just because you're not near a firearm, or unable to grab it, it's no reason not to have one. Making one readily available in the home is not too difficult. Secondly, his son could have easily reached for a handgun or shotgun. It would have either diffused the situation, or he would have simple shot the assailants. I also emphasized the advantages of a guard dog. It would have provided warning and provided another reason for the attackers to coward.

If this wouldn't have happened at home, then I'd emphasize the need for concealed carry. Or even just a knife is already an excellent tool. I'll go ahead and assume that CCW is illegal in SA, but criminals do it without a worry...With knives, for an every day carry knife to meet daily needs, this is an excellent sheath:

**broken link removed**

I'm a bit skeptical, but did the wife actually hire these guys to do this?!?! Or did one of the criminals say this to accuse her, despite being false? Again, I hope you pull through with your ordeal.

Last edited:
Don't ever bring a Knife to a gun fight. "True"

CircuitCurious, guns may not be permitted there. My understanding is when they came in not enough time or room to use a gun anyway.

He was caught off guard in this situation. However, with that said. He does understand that he will need to be more vigilant with these characters.

Even if convicted he will need to protect himself. He knows that and more based on our private conversations.

SPDCHK, best wishes for you brother.

If your wife is letting them at you in your most vulnerable time, a gun is not going to do much if it is put away properly. Having a kid is a good reason to store it properly.

Friend, I am so unnerved hearing this. I do not know you in person, but we enjoy some of the same things in life. You are absolutely astonishing. To fight side-by-side with your son, and WIN, against attackers who had inside help.... Truly amazing.

You two have a bond of brothers as well as father-son. You have proven to your son, that together, you can do anything.

He will be looking to you to see how to handle the rest of what is coming up. Don't worry about letting him see your emotions. And when it comes to trial time, show him what you do to people who attack you and your boy.

Keep an eye on the little guy. Adolescence is a trying time as it is, and when you find out your mother has gone crazy, it will not make it easier.

Keep the lines of communication open and urge honesty. Put that woman away.

Last edited:
I do have a gun. 9mm CZ-75 parabellum. Even though crime is rife in South Africa, the area where I stay was(is) relatively crime-free. She’s accused of actually collecting the attackers at their house and brought them back home. I was attacked in two rounds where during the first round I was stabbed in the neck and during the second round I was stabbed in the chest.

Oddly enough, it was something that one of the attackers shouted during the attack that made me realize that I’m not dead yet and I then fought back. (Because of the sub-judice I may not disclose more detail, but I will once the court case is done and dusted).

It was only after me and my son started fighting back and managed to get the upper hand on them that they left the room, and then only could I get to my firearm. I fired a couple of shots into my inner court wall to scare them off. The gun shots also notified the neighbors that there’s trouble.

Because of the allegations against the wife (soon to be the eX) and as part of bail conditions, she’s not allowed to come near me or speak with me. The result is that I became sole guardian of our two sons (this will stay in place until such time as the divorce proceedings are done). So now I’m a daddy in the morning (going to work to earn a living) and mommy in the afternoon, picking up the kids from school and preparing dinner etc.

So, good hearing from you.

Merry Christmas SPDCHK to you and yours.

kv

This goes to show that you how true SIG lines can be. And how ironic:

Man asks woman to marry him. Woman says No! Man lives happily ever after.

I cant wait until things are done and over for you... At least in the legal realm.

I am truly interested in this.

I dont know if you are a writer, but you may consider contacting one. If you have tips on how to survive or recognize things that can help the investigation, you will likely have a good book.

The proceeds of which can help you and your family get out of dodge, if you wish, and have a nut to keep things stable.

I'm sure your kids will soon realize the magnitude of the crime their mother committed and will or already have rejected her for it. Just be there for them as often as you can and enjoy your second lease on life with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back