Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help with a clock movement trigger project for my daughter's Christmas gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkullKidA

My goal was to build my daughter a custom clock for Christmas. I wanted it to play a line from a song that I wrote for her every hour on the hour. I purchased a clock movement trigger that sends an electronic pulse every hour on the hour. I also purchased a small sound module that will record any sound sample and replay it via a push button. I thought if I cut the two wires from the push button and connected them directly to the two wires from the clock movement trigger, that the clock movement trigger could take the place of the push button. This is not working. I think that I'm on the right track but missing something simple that needs to be in between the clock movement trigger and the sound module. I could really use the guidance of someone more knowledgeable. Thank you. -Sean

Hi Mike. I do have links. I think what I need is a relay. I have no idea what the signal is coming from the clock movement trigger. It takes 1 AA battery so maybe it also sends a 1.5V pulse? Doing a little digging, I was thinking maybe a 1.5V normally open SPST relay? If so, would I need anything besides the relay? Thank you very much for the speedy response!! -Sean

Clock Movement Trigger:

Sound Module:

Connect the battery - on one module to the battery - on the other module.
Then connect one of the wires on one module to either of the wires on the other, if it doesnt work switch wire son the first module and try both connections on the other.
The idea is you want the grounds -'s to be common, then one of the wires on the clock might trigger the sound module.
Beware this my well not work, and might blow something, but without getting into electronics I cant think of a better way.
If you can get a relay with a 1.5v coil that most likely will work, however I odnt think you'll get one easily.

The clock runs of 1.5V, the sound module 4.5V. Can you describe what connections are available on the clock? Do you have, and can use, a multimeter?

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back