Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I miss Hero999

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something??

It appears that, for some reason or another, he's been subjected to a knock on the head from someone wielding the ban-hammer, as have a few other long-serving and prolific posters, on previous occasions.

Here's hoping for a minimum sentence and an opportunity for him to stand proud in the dock and reflect upon any prior postings which have resulted in infractions and subsequent banishment placed upon him...

This kind of thing pisses me off, to be honest. To see a productive member labelled as "banned" without any explanation.

I never got a chance to know him, but he sounded like a helpful guy. Hope he comes back for all our sake.

I think he should have had, if any, a shorter ban than he got considering the contributions he has made to this community. :(
Guess you could still have a congical visit with him over at Electronics-lab. :D

I look forward to seeing Hero post here again. I'm a professional at this stuff and even I found his posts helpful at times. I was surprised to hear he wasn't a degreed engineer himself. Here's wishing him the best.

I look forward to seeing Hero post here again. I'm a professional at this stuff and even I found his posts helpful at times. I was surprised to hear he wasn't a degreed engineer himself. Here's wishing him the best.

Wow! No degree? Looking at some of his posts you'd think he would have a degree for sure. Smart guy.

He got a month ban and sounded like he was going to write ETO off for a long while. There was some other issues he had also. Good chance he may not be back until winter if at all. :(
Just a guess based on what I got for first hand information when I got the last PM from him.

This last week went rather roughly overall for a number of us. He just had the higher warnings count than the rest involved. :(

But yes I to hope he comes back. We were just starting to get along so well! :)
(But then so did bigkim100 and I just before he got the boot. so maybe its just me) :eek: :p

So you other guys who are friendly toward me had better watch out! :D:D

Hero's forum contributions aside, it appears to me that some of you are coyishly trying to pursuade Admin to reconsider. Let Admin stand by their decisions. I'm sure that Hero can email Admin with an appeal, of which then the parties can discuss issues in private. Meantime, the world turns.

Hero's made it clear he doesn't plan to return. I personally found his help extremely useful but he's made his decision and the forums will have to make do without him. I'm planning on joining some other electronics forums anyone, including the ones he still frequents.

Don't worry tchtech, I'll be sure to treat you with contempt from now on :p :D

Hero made grfeat contribution to the electro-tech forums. He can't go like that because just of a stupid action taken by someone.

Ultimately that's not the reason he left. He disagreed with the way the forums are moderated and decided not to come back regardless of the ban.

I can't comment on that; I haven't been on these forums long enough to see how effectively they're moderated, and it's not my place to judge moderators; I'm sure they're doing the best they can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back