Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I love being Canadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
None English posted deleted by moderator!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter_wadley said:
Your a little *****.

Classic behavior of a true, far left liberal.... resorting to name calling when their back's against the wall.

TheVictim said:
What does one expect after starting a thread so inflammatory that I'm surprised it hasn't been locked down and/or thrown in the Trash forum because it is such a troll?

You are right. This Forum should be tossed!

All I wanted to convey was my love for Canada.

Looking back at my orginal post I did not fathom that I was insulting another country (The U.S).. in rereading the post I indeed was ... and I apologize.

Look, I was born in St.louis, USA and my mother is from Liverpool.. I have lived in all three Countries and have enjoyed my stay in each.. From *my* expierences I just found Canada to be the safest.

Peter_wadley said:
Look, I was born in St.louis, USA and my mother is from Liverpool.. I have lived in all three Countries and have enjoyed my stay in each.. From *my* expierences I just found Canada to be the safest.
... and you are probably right, for the most part. Canada isn't the large blip on the radar screen for terrorism, illegal immigration of criminal elements, rampant drug abuse, etc. Now on a positive note I will say that I am grateful that the nations of Canada, Britain, and Austrailia are good allies with the US. So for the most part, a majority of our collective peoples must agree on things in general, right?

Now on a positive note I will say that I am grateful that the nations of Canada, Britain, and Austrailia are good allies with the US.

A great post to end this thread hitech!

Someone.. anyone.. please close this thread.. cut it up into little peices.. and shoot it to ... well not the moon seeing as how we will most likely be living up there in the near future... venus... yes venus .. the poison planet of gasses!

Peter W

HiTech said:
... and you are probably right, for the most part. Canada isn't the large blip on the radar screen for terrorism, illegal immigration of criminal elements, rampant drug abuse, etc. Now on a positive note I will say that I am grateful that the nations of Canada, Britain, and Austrailia are good allies with the US. So for the most part, a majority of our collective peoples must agree on things in general, right?

You mean some of our colonies? :D

Notice that the most ex-colony is the one where weapons and murders run rampant :D

Now would this be because they threw off British rule? (along with the tea), or did we let them go because we could see where they were going?.

But the situation is pretty simple - the USA is too lax, and the UK is too strict, both countries really need to change their policies. For example, the British Olympic Pistol squad can't even train in Britain!, handguns are completely illegal, even for licenced members of gun clubs - with the exception of ball and powder pistols, which aren't really very practical.

Peter wadley said:
please close this thread
Don't start what you can't finish. I can't encourage you or anyone else to walk away from a problem just because it's hard. Now that you're an adult, let me make an exaggerated analogy, and know that I'm doing so for the purpose of illustration and not to be condescending:

Babies will blubber just about anytime they're mildly irritated about something. It's their only defence mechanism because they're so vulnerable and incapable. When they have a problem, they make a whiny sound until someone else solves the problem for them. As they get older, they get passed more responsibility for solving their own problems. In time they're expected to return the favour that when they were babies was extended to them, in that they're expected to assist those less capable than themselves to work through various problems.

Writing can be used for two purposes. First, you can write inflammatory remarks to alert people to a problem (the baby approach). Second, you can construct a personal perspective designed to facilitate the resolution to a problem (the grown-up approach). There are times for both throughout one's time as an adult, although the second takes more time, experience, and most of all, practice. You've made a good start.

Last edited:
and know that I'm doing so for the purpose of illustration and not to be condescending

Whatever gets you through the night there Hanky poo..

I would love to stay and try to fight a political uphill battle with practically this entire forum but.. recapping back..

Being that I am anti-establishment - anti God - a youth - nah a whiney spoiled BABY - who by the way is a bulletproof ninja...

And since today is 4:20 this stupid youth must go out and toke a fat spliff. right? isnt that what all youths do these days?

Hiel Hitla. :ltoet:

Peter,
You're 18, so you're no longer your parents' responsibility, and due to the current laws of public education in Ontario, you're no longer mine. Good luck, brother, and know that there will always be help for those who ask.

Peter_wadley said:
I would love to stay and try to fight a political uphill battle with practically this entire forum but.. recapping back..
Being that I am anti-establishment - anti God - a youth - nah a whiney spoiled BABY - who by the way is a bulletproof ninja...

You forgot paranoid.

Perhaps we should also add touchy to the list.:D

SPDCHK None English posted deleted by moderator!.

Oh come on now.. That post made the most sense in this senseless thread.

Pommie :D

Hank, im going to suggest we let bi-gons be bi-gons .. anything I suggest, state, or believe is simply disconcerned by yourself *& many others* strictly because I am a youth.

I was brought up in a house that values opinion - no matter your race, age, orientation, size ect.. I guess my parents have failed to prepare me for the real world..

Peter_wadley said:
Oh come on now.. That post made the most sense in this senseless thread.

Pommie :D

Hank, im going to suggest we let bi-gons be bi-gons .. anything I suggest, state, or believe is simply disconcerned by yourself *& many others* strictly because I am a youth.

I was brought up in a house that values opinion - no matter your race, age, orientation, size ect.. I guess my parents have failed to prepare me for the real world..
I've been watching this, but choosing not to comment. My first reaction was, I'm also glad you live in Canada. I've tempered that opinion somewhat - not that you give a hang what I think. :D

I guess my parents have failed to prepare me for the real world..
I'm inclined to agree with you on that one, especially if your parents raised you to be anti-establishment, as you claim you are. I think you'll find most of the world is very much "establishment."

Peter wadley said:
anything I suggest, state, or believe is simply disconcerned by yourself *& many others* strictly because I am a youth
This is something you're imagining more than it's true. People are being dismissive of your ideas because you're being purposefully stupid, for instance, by putting things like "Heil [Hitler]" in your posts (which, by the way, is something in particular that does not convey that you were brought up in a household that values the opinions of various different people).

From Wikipedia: ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution )

The Second Amendment, as passed by the House and Senate, reads:
“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ”

The copies distributed to the states, and then ratified by them, had different capitalization and punctuation:
“ A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. ”

Both versions are commonly used in official Government publications. The original hand-written copy of the Bill of Rights, approved by the House and Senate, was prepared by scribe William Lambert, and hangs in the National Archives.

The way I was always taught in school was that it was fine to keep and bear arms as a member of a militia. You can't just listen to the "right to bear arms" part.

If you read through the wikipedia entry, you'll find that the supreme court has ruled this way on several occasions.
(note...I didn't read through all four pages so I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned.)

Ron H said:
I've been watching this, but choosing not to comment. My first reaction was, I'm also glad you live in Canada. I've tempered that opinion somewhat - not that you give a hang what I think. :D

Of couse I do! :)

you're being purposefully stupid ... by putting things like "Heil [Hitler]"

It was April 20th... I was simply making reference to his [Hitlers] birthday.

Hank are we done here?

Can I go out for recess now? I really would like to play wall ball if you dont mind.

Upon reviewing this list, I retract my decision to post this thread:

PHP:
A list of some major violent incidents at North American schools: 

April 16, 2007: Deadliest shooting rampage in U.S. history as gunman opens fire in a dorm and classroom at Virginia Tech University in Blacksburg, Virginia. The toll is 33 dead, including the gunman, who committed suicide. 

Oct. 2, 2006: A 32-year-old gunman enters an Amish schoolhouse in Nickel Mines, Pa., and holds 10 girls hostage before shooting them. Five girls are killed, and five more wounded. The gunman also kills himself. 

Sept. 13, 2006: Kimveer Gill, 25, opens fire at Dawson College in Montreal, killing one woman and injuring 20 people. 

Aug. 30, 2006: 19-year-old man in Hillsborough, N.C., kills father, then opens fire at Orange High School, wounding two students before surrendering to police. 

March 14, 2006: 14-year-old boy in Reno, Nev., bring's father's revolver to Pine Middle School and wounds two classmates. 

Jan. 13, 2006: 15-year-old boy at Milwee Middle School in Longwood, Fla., holds class hostage at gunpoint before being fatally shot by police. It is later learned his weapon was a pellet gun. 

Nov. 8, 2005: Student at high school in Jacksboro, Tenn., shoots and kills assistant principal. Principal and another assistant principal wounded. 

March 21, 2005: 16-year-old boy in Red Lake, Minn., fatally shoots grandfather and grandfather's partner at home, then goes to Red Lake High School, where he kills five students, a teacher and a security guard before committing suicide. 

May 7, 2004: Two men, 18 and 24, shoot and wound four students at high school in Randallstown, Md. 

March 30, 2004: Student at Wallace High School in Gary, Ind., shot to death in school parking lot by classmate. 

Feb. 3, 2004: 14-year-old boy in Palmetto Bay, Fla., stabs and slits throat of 14-year-old classmate at Southwood Middle School. 

Feb. 2, 2004: 19-year-old man shoots to death 17-year-old boy at Ballou Senior High School in Washington, D.C. 

Sept. 24, 2003: 15-year-old boy shoots two classmates at Rocori High School in Cold Spring, Minn. One dies same day, other dies two weeks later. 

April 24, 2003: 14-year-old boy shoots principal to death in school cafeteria in Red Lion, Pa., before killing himself. 

March 5, 2001: 15-year-old freshman opens fire with .22-calibre pistol at Santana High School in Santee, Calif., killing two students and injuring 13 others. 

Jan. 10, 2001: 17-year-old gunman fires shots at Hueneme High School in Oxnard, Calif., before taking female student hostage. He is later shot and killed by police. 

May 26, 2000: 13-year-old honours student shoots and kills teacher on last day of classes in Lake Worth, Fla. 

April 20, 2000: Four students and one staff member wounded in knife attack at Cairine Wilson High School in Orleans, Ont. Occurs on first anniversary of Columbine massacre. 

Feb. 29, 2000: Six-year-old boy shoots six-year-old girl to death in Grade 1 classroom at Buell Elementary School in Mount Morris Township, Mich. Because of his age, boy is not charged. 

Dec. 6, 1999: 13-year-old student fires at least 15 shots at Fort Gibson Middle School in Fort Gibson, Okla., wounding four classmates. 

Nov. 19, 1999: 12-year-old boy shoots 13-year-old girl in head at school in Deming, N.M. Girl dies next day. 

May 20, 1999: 15-year-old boy opens fire at Heritage High School in Conyers, Ga., with .357-calibre Magnum and rifle, wounding six students. 

April 28, 1999: 14-year-old boy shoots two students, one fatally, at W.R. Myers High School in Taber, Alta. 

April 20, 1999: Two heavily armed teenagers rampage through Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo., killing 12 students and one teacher before committing suicide. 

April 16, 1999: High school sophomore fires two shotgun blasts in school hallway in Notus, Idaho. No one injured. 

Feb. 8, 1999: Man fires shot at Woodland Elementary School in Verdun, Que. No one injured. 

May 21, 1998: 17-year-old boy kills parents, then goes to high school in Springfield, Ore., on shooting rampage, killing two teens and wounding more than 20 people. 

May 19, 1998: 18-year-old honours student opens fire at high school in Fayetteville, Tenn., killing classmate who was dating his ex-girlfriend. 

April 24, 1998: 15-year-old boy opens fire at eighth-grade dance in Edinboro, Pa., killing teacher. 

March 24, 1998: Four girls and teacher shot to death and 10 people wounded during false fire alarm at middle school in Jonesboro, Ark., when two boys, 11 and 13, open fire from woods. 

Dec. 1, 1997: Three students die and five wounded at Heath High School in West Paducah, Ky., after 14-year-old boy opens fire. 

October 1997: 35-year-old man fatally shoots teacher at Montreal language school for immigrants. 

Oct. 1, 1997: 16-year-old boy in Pearl, Miss., shoots two students to death and wounds seven others after stabbing his mother to death. 

Feb. 19, 1997: 16-year-old boy takes shotgun and bag of shells to school in Bethel, Alaska, killing principal and student and wounding two others. 

October 1994: Two guidance counsellors at Brockton High School in Toronto shot and wounded by student unhappy with grades. 

June 1993: Teen wounded outside Gladstone Secondary School in Vancouver in drive-by shooting. 

Aug. 24, 1992: Valery Fabrikant, professor at Concordia University in Montreal, goes on shooting rampage at school, killing four colleagues and wounding one. 

February 1990: Jilted teenager shoots and wounds estranged girlfriend at General Brock High School in Burlington, Ont. 

December 1989: Marc Lepine, 25, shoots dead 14 women at University of Montreal's Ecole polytechnique engineering school, then kills himself. 

October 1978: 17-year-old student shoots 16-year-old to death at Sturgeon Creek Regional Secondary School in Winnipeg. 

Oct. 27, 1975: Robert Poulin, an 18-year-old militia sharpshooter, shoots six people at Ottawa's Saint Pius X school and then kills himself. One wounded student dies just over a month later. Poulin had killed a girl at a youth home before he went to the school. 

May 1975: Michael Slobodian, 16, kills teacher and student and wounds 13 others at Centennial Secondary School in Brampton, Ont., before turning gun on himself.

Turns out Canada is just as unsafe as anywhere else :D :) :eek: :confused: :eek: :(

Edit: I cannot believe how YOUNG some of these shooter are!!! 11 years old!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back