Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I don't want to be a newby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many thin-skinned folks here.... life isn't fair ... we get blamed for something we didn't do ... we get accused by the exaggerations of another .... we spend too much time and effort trying to right a wrong, while we miss the bigger picture. Get my point here?
Sometimes it's just easier to drop it and move on for the good of the order. :)

I agree with that. Overall we have become a society where we need all this sensitivity training. The days are gone (especially here in the US) when if you didn't care for something you just ignored it. Now those with a thin skin feel a need to complain about things and manage to be somehow offended by just about any and everything.

Rather than wash their socks with kerosene (petro) to keep the ants from crawling up to their candy butts, they will report anything they somehow find offensive. Unfortunately all of this BS falls on reports to the forum moderators who beyond their regular moderator efforts need to appease this group. Like they have nothing else to do?

Think before you click on the below linked image. If you are easily offended then I suggest you skip it and ignore this post.

Case in point. Scroll down this page of a web. There is an image with a Linux Penguin on a model's buttocks. I ask if this is offensive? Personally I find it humorous but that is just me. However, when that same image was posted in a computer forum I received several PMs asking I remove it. Several people actually found that image offensive. That is the sort of crap a moderator needs to deal with. The image was posted in an "Alternate Operating System" section of the forums as a plug for Linux. I wasn't going to remove it but a few admins wanted it yanked so I removed it from the thread. So a thousand visitors found it humorous and cute but because three or four were offended the image was removed. Go figure huh?

Ron

hi Ron,
Even an old fogey like me didn't find that 'cheeky' image offensive, at my time of life, I say when you have seen one ar*se you have seen them all.:)

BTW: found the kid clinging to the car bonnet quite amusing [bonnet,, thats the front of the car for our American cousins] ie: the sharp end.

I'm more alarmed that you found a pic of my computer desk....

Reloadron,
I agree, you're better off not taking offence to things than getting upset.

For some reason, I seem to be more sensitive when posting here than I do at other another forum where swearing, insults and arguing are allowed; I think it's because I can't respond by telling the other person to STFU and GTFO.

Anyway, I'm over all the BS and I'm prepared to be banned when EM gets back. I don't know may be that'll be a good thing.

Reloadron,
I agree, you're better off not taking offence to things than getting upset.

For some reason, I seem to be more sensitive when posting here than I do at other another forum where swearing, insults and arguing are allowed; I think it's because I can't respond by telling the other person to STFU and GTFO.

Anyway, I'm over all the BS and I'm prepared to be banned when EM gets back. I don't know may be that'll be a good thing.

You know already that that makes no sense and just ends up in a train wreck...

As the starter of this thread, I get to make the rules. Rule number 1, no train wrecks allowed. Rule number 2, see rule 1.

Mike.

I like the photo of the model's butt but I am still waiting for her to turn around.

You know already that that makes no sense and just ends up in a train wreck...

Of course I mean shut the flaming heck up and get the flaming heck out. :D

Well, you know what I mean, I just find it less stressful to post on forums where it's more relaxed and people don't have to worry about receiving infractions/bans because they say the wrong thing but that's just my opinion, others may disagree and of course they're entitled to.

Think before you click on the below linked image. If you are easily offended then I suggest you skip it and ignore this post.

There is an image with a Linux Penguin on a model's buttocks. I ask if this is offensive?

I find it offensive that you think that I may find it offensive!
And if you feel offended at that, that will offend me even more!
In fact the possibility that offence may have been caused at all here is in itself quite offensive...
..... uhgrrrrr, my brain just exploded.

JimB

PS
Nice arse, shame about the penguin!

When I went to school, everybody including me were Anglosaxon with white skin and no accent. Nobody in my schools were African, Chinese nor Indian. I didn't know what is a Negro nor a Muslim Arab.
Now, WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF THEM HERE?? They are all over the place!

Maybe the rules of this forum prevent such racist statements but they are true. The weirdo's talk, look and dress weird. Many are criminals. Many are extremely poor and use taxpayers' welfare payments while they sell drugs on the streets and rob banks. Why did they come here if they still talk, dress and act like the people in their country?
Why do they like to blow themselves (and nearby people) up??

I get thousands of PM's from Indian schoolkids who demand that I do their homework for them. I should block PM's.

audioguru,
Lol, I do find your comments racist, I'm not offended myself but I'm rather surprised you've not been subject to more moderation than you have.

Is there a far right wing party in Canada? Here in the UK we have the BNP, who previously didn't allow coloured people to join the party but have now changed their constitution because it violated the anti-racism laws.

In the UK there's a lot of censorship of racist views which I don't think is the right way of dealing with it.

...Anglosaxon with white skin ...

Indian Chief.jpg

You can say that again AG!

When I went to school, everybody including me were Anglosaxon with white skin and no accent. Nobody in my schools were African, Chinese nor Indian. I didn't know what is a Negro nor a Muslim Arab.

Maybe the rules of this forum prevent such racist statements but they are true. The weirdo's talk, look and dress weird. Many are criminals. Many are extremely poor and use taxpayers' welfare payments while they sell drugs on the streets and rob banks. Why did they come here if they still talk, dress and act like the people in their country?
Why do they like to blow themselves (and nearby people) up??

I get thousands of PM's from Indian schoolkids who demand that I do their homework for them. I should block PM's.

Why are they here?

Probably because us whites went all around the world in the past, planting our flags in their countries and claiming them as citzens of the Commonwealth...

The aboriginal North American Indians are not in the big cities in Canada. I saw some in Vancouver (which is now Hongcouver) and in Winnipeg.
I have never seen an aboriginal Indian in Toronto.

In my city, the leader of the Muslim group in Canada became a member of the largest government party so that the millions of Muslims now in Canada can vote for him and the party he is in. Then they can blow everybody up.

I think the Arab guys force their Muslim women to completely cover their face and legs to hide their beard and hairy legs.

Last edited:
The aboriginal North American Indians are not in the big cities in Canada. I saw some in Vancouver (which is now Hongcouver) and in Winnipeg.
I have never seen an aboriginal Indian in Toronto.

In my city, the leader of the Muslim group in Canada became a member of the largest government party so that the millions of Muslims now in Canada can vote for him and the party he is in. Then they can blow everybody up.

I think the Arab guys force their Muslim women to completely cover their face and legs to hide their beard and hairy legs.

And if they had their way, there probably wouldn't have been any big cities....eh

Last edited:
Before I was born, the French and English had a war here. Both won a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back