Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am tired

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hi Folks

Not mean't to be a downer or anything. Just tired. Me. Just me. I have wasted 8 Years of my life here. Nobody has really learned anything.
Still basically the same from when I started. Sure systems in place and all that. Running better now.

My biggest wake call was when I decided I do not wan't to do this anymore. Everything I try and do... I do properly. Either 100% effort or none anymore.

I have decided on none anymore.

What bothers me the most is that our Customers are aligned and support a corrupt, stealing bunch of connected thugs that are ruling SA now...

Too stupid to see through it. Every single person I help I have no time for anymore....and this is killing me and destroying me....

I am brutally honest and say my say. Can't do that a anymore....a racial thing. Only Whites are Racist....

So, my effort and enthusiasm has gone. I will no longer help fools that support a bunch of thieves.....and then wonder why they are poor??

And beg me for help:mad:

I just had to get this out. The fact that I was actually helping them....over it.

I am an honest White guy. Poor but honest. **** em.

Regards,
tv

If it makes you feel any better my wife is tired too. :rolleyes:

Apparently she is tired of waiting for someone else to put forth the effort required to make her life better for her and some how that is my fault. :confused:

The way I see it is I started working on making my life better by my views and wants years ago which it is open to her to use any of my resources at any time to make hers better. It sounds good in theory but its like me working to own and operate my own vehicle.

Sure its here for her to use but unfortunately if you never owned your own vehicle let alone ever bothered to learn to drive one having access to mine is not going to do anything for you unless I drive it for you and I really have no real interest in working to get someone else a vehicle like they want and then having to drive it around for them because they should have gotten their own and learned to drive it themselves a long time ago. :(

I am brutally honest and say my say. Can't do that a anymore....a racial thing. Only Whites are Racist....
Not always true.... Racism isn't just colour of skin.... I have always found that fear is the driving force behind racism.... Once you take away the fear, then people will get along just fine....

Many people that care here. Some read and do not get involved...keeping their thoughts to themselves. A good thing most times.
You are such a stunning crowd of people...I love every one of you that has ever interacted with me :) Neg or Pos does not matter. At least you interacted :)

Times are tough...I have stuff to work out other than TV stuff. About people and that.

I have lot's of people work ahead of me. I wish I was 20 Years younger.

Stay awesome friends :)

Regards,
tv

TV, you seem to be in your dark place again.
Not much I can do to help you though, you just have to keep your mind open and one day that spark of inspiration may come to you which will lead you to somewhere better.

Did I just write that? Wow I am waxing philosophical this evening.

Any way I will leave you with this thought from the 1960s....

JimB

TV, you seem to be in your dark place again.
Not much I can do to help you though, you just have to keep your mind open and one day that spark of inspiration may come to you which will lead you to somewhere better.

Did I just write that? Wow I am waxing philosophical this evening.

Any way I will leave you with this thought from the 1960s....

JimB

Working on it Jim. My own battles to fight....
I am never one to go silent and let people walk over me....nah.

I have the knowledge but that's that. Not always correct...but accurate probably 90% 0f the time. My biggest fear is what is is happening here.
I have a big mouth where it comes to right or wrong. Like fixing cockroach infested crap that I have to deal with daily...

I live in a REALLY crappy place. Paint does not stick to the walls...looks like shite, embarrassed about it...so what.
Not a roach anywhere. Nothing. In my own way I am proud of that. Does not look good but at least it as clean as I can keep it.

People with nice houses.....bring their stuff for repair....and the thing is infested with live cockroaches. Filthy crap.

I have to fix this crap.....no eating food in their house. Ever.

I deal with this daily.

Enough.

Regards,
tv

Last edited:
Do what Obama did in his Whitehouse correspondence dinner.

Just add them to your bucket list and smile. buck it

Do what Obama did in his Whitehouse correspondence dinner.

Just add them to your bucket list and smile. buck it

You know Tony, ETO is a Technical Forum first and foremost.
Thing is also technically inclined people are also people that don't take things at face value.

They look, sit back, and question. Mostly never too meek to speak.

I like your attitude and approach to stuff. People like you keep the world thinking :)

Another +1 for you.

Always stay cool and positive under pressure and smile. Love your enemies. Then go some place nice like Canada.

TV, may I ask why you aren't working in industry? In a more built up area?

Not sure of your age either...but your experience is worth a good deal to the right company.

TV, may I ask why you aren't working in industry? In a more built up area?

Not sure of your age either...but your experience is worth a good deal to the right company.

Hiya Cicero

A long story. I worked here part time in 2002-2004 for the extra cash. Got to know the people working here really well. Became friends and so on.
Roll on to December 2006 when I received a phone call saying that one of the two partners (a TV Tech) had been killed in a really crap car accident after leaving work here. The other partner is not a tech but is good at running a business.....but now the guy doing the repairs is dead.

Leaving him wide open to "technical chancers" and people saying they can do the job and stealing/and or wasting him blind. I left it for 6 Months and came up from Cape Town around July 2007. And walked into a workshop trainsmash of epic proportions. You have no idea.

So, I rolled my sleeves up, and started organizing and bringing order and implementing systems that make staff members life easier. Of course..I weeded the useless Techs out first (forever trying to hide their mistakes and wasting, wasting, wasting). At the end of the day you cannot cost a job card they fill in properly......(funny how useless people pretending they can do a job always do that.....look at that big earner at SABC who tried to hide a loss of R500 Million from Parliament...)

Here is the catch...I am stuck with my own systems that work so well. I have to be here at all times to ensure that nothing gets broken (system). If for example I decide to go away/get away from here for two weeks the company will have to find another one of the many "technical chancers" to help out while I am away. And we are waaay busier now than when I started cleaning up in 2007. That took six months to screw up properly. Today I give it 2 days with a chancer and I will be worse off than in 2007.

And I have been looking out for years now for one of the locals to put under my wing and teach properly so that he gets the basics right and does not become another chancer....none are interested. None.

The last proper tech that was prepared to help out here was my friend last year....trues God he is battling Chemo now and ain't coming back.

Cicero I am 51 Yrs. This is CRT country here. All about CRT. No flat screens or LCD or Plasma or LED. The money is here to be made...but I cannot do as much as I could 8 Years ago. Plus time has flown. And the town has become much busier and dirtier and well more "Africanised"

Word is out that they know (or have been burned by their own people trying to fix TV's) proper Techs are the answer. So all the crap ends up here. And there is never a break.

Plus (probably to my detriment) I tend to stay loyal to those that treat me well...could be a Forum or just people I know. My loyalty takes a lot to change. Call me steadfast in my ways.
That's all I know.

Sorry for the long post Cicero. Hope it makes sense though :eek:

Sidenote: At least no load shedding tonight :)

All the best,
tv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back