Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CRYPTOOOOO, but wait i am no terrorist

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

If i want to withdraw money in fiat currency or invest little bit too much -> I need ID verification. They want my ID CARD.
AWGH, that hurts. Taking photo of my ID CARD. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:
I am aware of it. What do you think?

Hi,

Sounds rather invasive but becoming a more common method these days here in the uk.

Having to provide by phone or online a photo of our driving licence or passport ( we do not have ID cards as such) does seem a hassle but it is for our and the banks safety, helps stops the fraudsters opening or accessing accounts in Your name etc.

Hi,

Sounds rather invasive but becoming a more common method these days here in the uk.

Having to provide by phone or online a photo of our driving licence or passport ( we do not have ID cards as such) does seem a hassle but it is for our and the banks safety, helps stops the fraudsters opening or accessing accounts in Your name etc.

Hi,
I understand that, but this (ID leaks) scares me a lot.

Last edited:
No easy answer for the leaks and hacking that goes on.

All you can do is ensure that any banking/investment you make is fully protected by government backing etc.
Use the free or paid for credit checking services to make sure no one else is applying for things in your name etc.
Some say changing your passwords regularly is a good thing.

I was using Equifax or Experian to monitor my accounts.
A bank annoyed me so I closed checking, savings, CDs and their credit card. Months later, the fees were due on the Equifax or Experian service. They sent an email complaining that they couldn’t charge that credit card. They didn’t know about all the accounts I had closed and all the accounts I opened at a new bank. So I canceled them too.

Binance is one of the largest blockchain in the world, but beware of them because they send the information to your government about your accounts worth

A new problem cropped up a few years ago. Some (accidental) millionaires due to Bitcoin have been kidnaped and forced to pay their own ransom with Bitcoin. Many are now keeping a very low profile due to this.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back