Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hydrogen for hybrid conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cat's hate water.

hehe. The phrase "curiosity killed the cat" discourages curiosity by implying that it's dangerous. I think curiosity is a fine thing, but just jumping in head first is a good way to hit your head on the rocks just below the water that you didn't know were there. Torben

He was obedient to Nature when he seen the female across the street.

Suddenly a car from no where and the rush of tires and wheels as fear threw him into the street and he darts across. Missing the oncoming danger.

But alas he is caught by the opposing traffic before he can reach the other side.

Ignorance was beside himself when he herd the news that he was framed by fear.

Obedience just licked her paws and meowed. :D

Last edited:
He was obedient to Nature when he seen the female across the street.

Suddenly a car from no where and the rush of tires and wheels as fear threw him into the street as he darts across. Missing the oncoming danger.

But alas he is caught by the opposing traffic before he can reach the other side.

Ignorance was beside himself when he herd the news that he was framed by fear.

Obedience just licked her paws and meowed. :D

Hahaha! I agree, except for one thing: that's not curiosity; that's just regular old randiness.

That'll get any healthy cat in trouble any day of the week! :)

Torben

Meow !!!!!!! phssssssss ! phssssssss !

Hahaha! I agree, except for one thing: that's not curiosity; that's just regular old randiness.

That'll get any healthy cat in trouble any day of the week! :)

Torben

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think curiosity killed the cat statement is answered by my signature. "But that's why they have nine lives"

Cow fodder.

I think curiosity killed the cat statement is answered by my signature. "But that's why they have nine lives"

The cat had 8 identical brothers. But the cow jumped over the mooooooooon.

:D

Hydrogen is a fuel. No one is disputing that. But as been said over and over and over here. You have to use energy to make the hydrogen from water. You end up with fuel, but more energy was used to make the fuel then it will deliver.

Sort of like this, for each $1.50 you give me I will give you $1 back. Not good for you, but I like it :D

Poor Flicka :rolleyes:
EDIT:

Fuel or energy carrier. The core idea is that HHO which has to be made from water is not a energy source. So it makes sense to classify it as a energy carrier much like a battery. It is a place/way/method/to store energy but is not the source of the energy. You could say the same for fossil fuel except that the energy was stored for us by nature a long time ago.

watch your attribution - I didn't post that quote. (though it doesn't get quoted here... sigh)

Last edited:

9. . .8. . .7. . .6. . .5. . .4. . .

I hope that cat learns to look before leaping soon. ;)

Torben

Who came up with this nine lives thing for a cat? I am sure I killed my wifes cat at least ten times :)

Notice:
No Cats were harmed in the making of this joke

Last edited:
How do you figure that HHO is not a fuel? It runs lawnmowers, in countless video's I've seen. Define 'energy carrier'.
A fuel is something obtained from nature with useful energy already in it, e.g. oil, uranium. An energy carrier is something man-made to collect some energy for a certain use, e.g. batteries.

OK, well I see it like I put $1.50 worth of gas on my car which ain't a whole hell of alot these days. I fill up the water canister at 1.25? a gallon, supplement the gasoline and decrease the gas mileage. What am I missing here?
Fixed that for ya. And that answers your question.

KV, you're killing me.
:D
You must be a part time stand-up comedian.

Oh and, I thought water was also something from nature, like oil, uranium, etc.

If you can run your lawnmower from water, even if it's using a bit more than it would gasoline, no one is stopping you from that.
I just know people, animals, plants need it more.

All fuel cell technology by the way is based on methanol as hydrogen carrier, not hydrogen itself, hydrogen just doesn't cut it, and I think that's the problem with H2O - HHO - booom - Oxygen. (sort of explanation for combusting water)
It's an alternative, but maybe not its time right now, maybe later.

The fact of the matter is, we need to get away from burning fossil fuel, it's stuffing up way too much.

I'm gonna get into trouble, but I'll say what I'm gonna say next.
Yes, I believe the whole crude oil thing has some conspiracy behind it.
A lot of people/countries/organisations around the globe hates America, face it. Sorry if you did not know that.
Manipulating "crude" can be a way to bring fragile economies to the ground, and big countries to a place where there enemies can make an easy meal of it.
I'm not a people-hater, I'm not a racist or anything as such, but there, I've said it. I also don't believe in forcing any person to any belief, but believe in freedom..... to some extent.

Torben, that's one thing about cats, they don't know how to count, so they don't care =)

Hydrogen power

Methanol - CH3-OH
Ethanol - CH3-CH2-OH

I've done some research, methanol is better suited to get to H, because of ethanol's extra C molecule.
It is apparently very difficult to get past the second carbon in ethanol, and in a fuel cell for example, the first carbon is stripped off very efficiently, but not to be with the second carbon of ethanol. That second combination (CH2) actually goes to waste then.
Or something like that.

CH3-OH ----> CH2O (formaldehyde) + H2

CH3CH2-OH -----> CH3CHO (acetaldehyde) +H2

You cannot do a similar relatively low energy reaction with the CH3 of ethanol or any other alkyl (fully saturated) group. It is because of the electronegative oxygen atom. John

I am surprised at all the negative thoughts.It would seem as if this subject is not well known.Let us all work together and help one another then maybe we will get some real answers.
Can anyone tell me what seems to be the best :The coil (what is its function? ) or only the electrodes or perhaps both.
Thanks Pops

compuact, what exactly are you talking about, we kinda lost interest and resorted to comedy.;)

Oh, did you post your photo? I missed that. j/k:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back