Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP officejet printer ink

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOne

I just had to replace the ink cartridges (color + black) once again! The thing that annoys me :x is that it seems to use the color somehow as well when my default is set to print only in black. It prints black but somehow they make sure that the color is also used cause when the black is finish so is the color. Oh, and HP made sure you can't use the printer with only a black cartridge installed.

Maybe someone knows more about this (total rippoff) problem?

It would be nice if someone could hack the program for it, so that you can throw out the color if you don't need it.

you cant just leave the empty color cartridge in the printer?

No, it flashes an error " Cartridge Empty" and refuses to do anything. You also need to align the black if you replace it. Trying to leave out the Color it flashes "Insert Color Cartridge"

TheOne said:
No, it flashes an error " Cartridge Empty" and refuses to do anything. You also need to align the black if you replace it. Trying to leave out the Color it flashes "Insert Color Cartridge"

Just refit the old colour cartridge, there's no measurements done on them, so it doesn't know you've fitted an empty one.

I don't know how well this will work on an HP printer which automatically aligns the cartridges though!.

It somehow senses when you insert a cartridge, by going into alignment mode the moment you try and operate it.

You can get refill kits for HP quite cheaply. They are a doddle to use. My printer is the Deskjet.

I'm not sure about the Officejet but this link gives details on how to fool the printer software into thinking the cartridge has been replaced, and it may include your cartridges.

**broken link removed**

Ive seen on some site that you cand get a empty cartrige back to life whith deodorant! :lol: :lol: :lol: They say that some color driyes on the sponge in the cartrige and the deodorant gets it off the sponge

Yep thats the stite!

I will try to do this wen my cartrige runs out (i have hoting to lose)

This is the first thing im willing to try on that site (proboly the first smart idea that guy had)! :lol:

EDIT:
Hope afroman dosent reed this!

If I recall, some HP printers even go as far as remembering some sort of serial no on the cartridge, so you cant refill it.
You can get round this by keeping a few cartridges and putting a older one back in, saving the one you just took out to refill later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back