Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HowTo-Increase brightness in component input to TV sender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikmikmikmik

Hi,
First post.
How is the brightness increased in component video signals if I have no brightness adjust on monitor/TV?

Thank you.

You would need to amplify or attenuate the video signal.
The brightness is controlled by the signal amplitude.

Most monitors etc. do have some form of video adjustments, even if not direct controls - what make of monitor is it?

The source device may also have video gain adjustment, depending on what it is?

I just said monitor to keep things easy, it is actually an HDMI to component converter that I was going to use.
HDMI out of the Freeview box converted to component in to my old slingbox so I had a better pic watching TV anywhere.
But the picture on my laptop/phone/computer was too dark so I had to go back to using composite video connectivity.
If it had been reasonably straightforward, I would have opened the converter and tried to modify it, but it looks like I will not be able to do this.
I even went looking on the intersphere for example diagrams but couldn't find any.
Thanks for your reply.

Well contrast is controlled by the amplitude of the waveform, from black level to the signal peaks, and brightness is controlled by the DC shift of the waveform above black level. So it's not trivial to make adjustments at that stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back