Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use mosfet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

Since this is the first time i use mosfet, i need a lot of information of using this stuff. Perhaps i need this information more details. The type of this mosfet is BUZ 90, and I'll use it for my power supply converter. one of the information is : how to triger it ?, how much current to triger mosfet ?, how much voltage which allowed between gate and source ?
Thank you, i apreciate your help.

Mosfets are not current dependant like their silicon bjt counterparts, they rely on gate voltage for conduction........Check the data sheet for your device, it should say at what voltage conduction starts. Usually this is expressed as RdsOn @ xvolts.

Some mosfets are called logic level devices as they have lo gate turn on voltages<5v...

HTH Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back