Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to turn 0-5 volts to 5-0 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.
possible transistor solution

Hi guys
I’m just putting this out there if precision is not required.
If precision is required then i believe the opamp would be best.
Remember that the gain of the transistor which you would use would have to be considered. You will also need to consider the load on the output.
This circuit was just simulated, so I suggest that you wait for replies before building it.

Attachments

• sine inverter.JPG
    sine inverter.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 256
what i understood is that he needs to invert the input . 0 in> 5 out, 1 in > 4 out, 2 in> 3 out, 3 in> 2 out, 4in> 1 out and 5 in> 0 out.
at zero input this circiut puts out five volt. i'm sorry , i should have noted that the output is at the collector of the transistor. the problem is that at 5 volt input , the output only drops to approx 0.8 v. this can be circomvented by decreasing the base resistor and choosing a high gain transistor. but this will also have an effect on the signal that is driving this circiut. remember that the input impedence of this circiut is bassically the base resistor.

sorry to interupt but i have the same problem but in a different voltage range
my sensor is giving 0 to 10 volt and i need it also on the other way around
my question is do i have to adjust the ref voltage to adjust the voltage range?

rjvh said:
sorry to interupt but i have the same problem but in a different voltage range
my sensor is giving 0 to 10 volt and i need it also on the other way around
my question is do i have to adjust the ref voltage to adjust the voltage range?
hi,
You could use the same OPA circuits that have been posted, use a potential divider input to reduce the +10V to +5V.

Is this what you mean by:
>>> my sensor is giving 0 to 10 volt and i need it also on the other way around

it's a pressure sensor that gives a 0V signal with 0 PSI and 10V with 150 PSI
the thing is that my inverter is not switchable to a negative sensor curve so i need a schematic that reverse my sensor out put to 10V at 0 PSI and 0V at 150 PSI in order to get my pump run faster by a falling pressure

rjvh said:
it's a pressure sensor that gives a 0V signal with 0 PSI and 10V with 150 PSI
the thing is that my inverter is not switchable to a negative sensor curve so i need a schematic that reverse my sensor out put to 10V at 0 PSI and 0V at 150 PSI in order to get my pump run faster by a falling pressure
hi,
The LM358 circuit posted earlier uses a dual OPA, keep the circuit for the signal inversion part as already posted.
Use the other half of the LM358 as a non inverting OPA and use a resistive potential divider on the to give a +5V input to the Vin+ of the OPA.

Do you follow that OK?:)

hi,
Here is a modified drawing, this will convert 0V thru +10V input, to +5V to 0V output.

Last edited:
I do understand how to make it but don't see the theory in your story please explane a little bit more
thanks Robert-Jan

drawing recieved I am in a part of the world where internet is not that quick
thank you very much for your help
Robert-Jan

what i try to achieve is that i also have a 0V to 10V range at the output of the circuit
i thought that that could be done by adjusting the ref V and /or the gain factor in the first posted circuit
Robert-Jan

rjvh said:
what i try to achieve is that i also have a 0V to 10V range at the output of the circuit
i thought that that could be done by adjusting the ref V and /or the gain factor in the first posted circuit
Robert-Jan
hi,
In that case use +12V to power the LM358 in the 1st circuit diagram and change the Vref from +2.5V to +5V.
This will give for a 0v to +10v input, a +10v to 0v output. OK.?

qsiguy said:
New diagram still says 5-0v output...I assume that just didn't get changed? It is actually 10-0v correct?

You are correct!.:)

Remember: for a +10V thru 0V output, the LM358 will require a supply voltage of +12V.
The Vref will have to be changed from +2.5V to +5V.

OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back