Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to study in a universtiy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotor

hi i am an electrical engeering student

i berely finished my first year
i was hare thin close to be kicked out
it was a dissaster

i had each semester 5 courses
on every course i got assignments

and i made all the assignments
and then i found out that they are half close to what is going to be in the test.
so i spent lots of time on stuff that is not important to the test.
and boring lecturers

and i didnt know how to study

i was doing things randomely

i studied one subject then i felf that i was neglecting some other one
and some times i forgot about some other course

how to organise my studying??
how to organise time?

Last edited:
Rotor,

Getting an education is a bit of a art. There are two goals that at times conflict.

First you must get good grades. Second you must learn.

To get good grades you need to study the teacher and his methods as much as the material. Learn what is important to him and half the battle is won. Some are harder to figure out then others.

You may happen to learn some of the material in an effort to get good grades. But in your major area (also math & physics) i would encourage you to make an effort to understand what is going on rather then just learn to answer the questions/problems needed to get the grade.

3v0

hi i am an electrical engeering student

i berely finished my first year
i was hare thin close to be kicked out
it was a dissaster

i had each semester 5 courses
on every course i got assignments

and i made all the assignments
and then i found out that they are half close to what is going to be in the test.
so i spent lots of time on stuff that is not important to the test.
and boring lecturers

and i didnt know how to study

i was doing things randomely

i studied one subject then i felf that i was neglecting some other one
and some times i forgot about some other course

how to organise my studying??
how to organise time?

Judging by the post, some basic grammar and spelling would probably help too. I realize you may be from another country and English is a second (or distant third) language, but Professors may let certain things slide if appropriate attention to detail is given. I've received "bonus" points before, because case studies were neat, accurate and easy to read.

Like 3v0 says, figure out what makes your instructor tick. But more importantly, UNDERSTAND why things work, not just the answer.

I've struggled for 3 years with horrible grades at junior colleges and this year is a breeze now that I'm at a major college and I think its because I'm finally getting a taste of the classes for my major (I only have one electrical class this semester and its only a basic circuits class but still) that and I'm more organized than I was in past semesters, I actually bought me a monthly planner yesterday and filled in all my assignments in it. Also I'm not lazy this year, I'm forcing myself to do the work regardless of if my favorite show/whatever is on.

Once you have decided to study you should have a goal and know what you will be doing after studying.

Universities are pretty much the same as schools are and teachers aren't teachers, but professors - no big difference (except for the money they earn).

Mostly you will succeed by filling the squares properly. That will take care of good grades, not necessarily meaning that you become an engineer close to the qualification of a master.

Observe your professors closely and find out their hobbies (not sailing or playing football). Everyone has a favorite theme and knowing this and all about it you'll have an easier going ahead.

Nobody knows everything off hand but knowing where to find it is more important.

And last not least, work a bit at your spelling and grammar. Even for me as non anglo saxon it looks terrible.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back