Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate a neon bulb in multisim or pspice ? 3 phase indicator F-16 aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamil_NJ

I am trying to develop a testing procedure for a 3 phase sequence indicator used on F15/16 aircraft. I having a problem with testing it in “real life” as the indicator is using ….as the name states 3 phases 180-220 VAC L2L @ 400 Hz.

Now, I am trying to simulate it in multisim, but how would I simulate the neon bulb that is not included in NI multisim neither Pspice?

Do you guys know a way of simulating a neon bulb? Remember… that neon bulbs have hysteric properties, and can not be substituted with an incandescent bulb.

I will appreciate any feedback as I have hit the wall…

Unless, you might know a cheap way of converting 3 phase 60 Hz to 3 phase 400 Hz. If so, I don’t have to simulate anything... please share with me.

For your convenience I have included pictures of the indicator, and pdf file of specification sheet.

Thank you, Kamil

Kamil Dzwonkowski
Electrical Project Engineer
kamilSDPC@aol.com
kd52@njit.edu
908-380-3885
Sundial & Panel Corp.
Instrument Display Systems and Components - Sun Dial & Panel Corporation
Does this page really needs to be printed?

Attachments

• DSC00860.JPG
    DSC00860.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 655
  • DSC00866.JPG
    DSC00866.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 488
  • PHASE_SHIFT_INDICATOR.pdf
    224.9 KB · Views: 721
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.