Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to show display on a glcd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fugrammer

I am learning how to use a graphical lcd (GDM12864HLCM) with my pic. From the datasheet, i know that i have to send the data to the DDRAM. But how do i turn on the pixel on the display? Is it handled automatically?

Thanks.
Thomas.

Yes it is. The controller inside the LCD refrshes the display with data from the DDRAM...so from an interface point of view you treat the display as RAM. Write a byte to an address, which specifies its location on the screen (for 128x64 usually aranged by columns and rows) and it will display the data. Plenty of example code on the net for both assembly and C....even basic...and its not too difficult to see what the code is doing so you can translate it from one language to another.

Blueteeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back