Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to run an 850w heater in 600w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnab321

i need some clean ideas how to modify my electric kettle. since its a kettle, the heating element (of 62.5Ω) is concealed, so theres no way to add some resistance wire to the element directly. ideas? is increasing the resistance the only way to lower the wattage?

I have a transformer that is mormally used to correct for wrong line voltages. It has taps for 100Volts, 105, 110.....130 vots.
To lower the voltage you could connect the 110 volt line to the 110 tap and power the heater from the 100V tap.
OR
Connect the line to the 130V tap and the heater to 100 and get about 85 volts.
The transformer also has 220 taps.
Serch for "vairable transformer". That will allow you to dial in the voltage you want.

An inexpesive light dimmer can do that. There is propably enough space in the base of the appliance to fit it. E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back