Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Modify this BiStable circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundman

Hello Guys,

Just want to know how to add a pair of IR receivers to a bistable circuit like the bellow link to control a device by the TV remote control?
The 555 Bistable Circuit - Electronics in Meccano

I do not know how to replace the trigger & reset button by IR receivers?
the output will be connected to a relay and this said relay is responsible to active a device by pushing the remote control in front of the trigger IR sensor and the device is active till the reset IR button receives a pulse by the TV remote.

Thank in advancence.

Last edited:
That sounds cool. But you didnt tell us the type of IR RECEIVER you want to use, they differ in pin configuration. One more thing are you going to keep both receivers in one place? Its like sending two dogs to get one bone.

Thanks,

IR's are common, they work by 2.5 to 3V and have 2 pins.
Because I guess that it is hard and causes Interference to keep the SET/RESET IR sensors side by side so No They would not be side by side (other wise it to be an easy way to do so).
SO I will put them back to back and so change the remote position to active each state,

Thanks again

In this circuit:
**broken link removed**
You cannot leave pin 6 floating. It must be connected to 0v rail.

I just want to know how to configure it,
My IR sensors are used at 2.5 to 3V and for they are for robot usages

"My dog has 4 legs and a tail. He will be good a watch-dog."
"My IR sensors are used at 2.5 to 3V and for they are for robot usages."
Can you see the similarities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back