Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make your ultrasonic levitator

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be it's nothing to do with magnetism but rather standing waves. If this is real (and a lot of stuff on youtube isn't) I'd guess a low pressure point is produced by two opposing waves. If it's correct then it would be more impressive if the transducers were horizontally opposed.

Mike.

It is ultrasonic - someone did one as a project on Kickstarter a few years back, I though it unusual enough to try.

It does work, though it's not easy to get stable "levitation" and it can only work with things like small polystyrene beads. And it rapidly gives you a headache, even with hearing protection!

IMG_4581.jpg IMG_4582.jpg

My guess would be it's nothing to do with magnetism but rather standing waves. If this is real (and a lot of stuff on youtube isn't) I'd guess a low pressure point is produced by two opposing waves. If it's correct then it would be more impressive if the transducers were horizontally opposed.

Mike.
You are right, it does relate to standing waves.

It is ultrasonic - someone did one as a project on Kickstarter a few years back, I though it unusual enough to try.

It does work, though it's not easy to get stable "levitation" and it can only work with things like small polystyrene beads. And it rapidly gives you a headache, even with hearing protection!

View attachment 132870 View attachment 132871
Thanks for your reply, I recently put it as a project option and I will try to implement more features based on this if I have the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back