Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oem_odm

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to make the motor part from a motion picture frame (one of those picture frames which has a raster/lens, which slides up and down in front of a dual slotted image and creates the illusion of a changing image). See example here:

**broken link removed** (look at HK-B4)

The raster/lens, picture and frame is no problem. I need to move the lens up and down (a motor with a cam) about 6mm. If you look closely you can see the electronics under the changing image, its a micro DC motor assembled in a plastic housing. I want to make these but can't find the micro motors or this plastic assembly.

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can make this dirt cheap? The motor should be less than 0.30 USD (any links, ideas, pointers)...

many thanks

the motor will be a dc, 6mm coreless drive 1.5 v input (costs around 0,30 USD) (based on 1000 units)

the thing is how to make the plastic gearing reduce the RPM and provide enough torque to lift the raster/lens.

Last edited:
I have two very similar items to the one you describe.

They are both driven by what appears to be a clock mechanism ( since it sounds just like one ). I've not taken either apart, though I believe they have a small cam on the second hand ( ignoring the hour and minute hands ) that moves the 'card' up and down behind the lenticular screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back