Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make Grow Light with LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr13579

I made a LED setup with blue and red LED that is supposed to help me with indoor planting. I used total 4 LEDs (2 Red and 2 Blue) for one pot of Portolaca flowers. But I think it is not simulating the sunlight properly. How many LEDs am I supposed to use? How should I make the connection?

blue is good for germination an veg but red for flowering, overall the red blue idea is loosing popularity due to the limited spectrums
i use a white led strip at 40 watts, 72 LED's and the small plants love it, even more when i add 2 more lights... totalling 120watts in a 1.5ft x 3ft area

....also since leds dont get too hot you can move the light in closer to the plants for better efficiency .. the only time my plants get too close and burn is when the grow right up against the lights plastic shielding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back