Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make a printed circuit board

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyones info: Yes I have Repled to nightcatz Emails and he has now replied back. Now he wants another PCB Design.

Yes there Are "Users" out there.

I Will help anyone to a Point, But there is a Limit.
Most persons I talk to Respect that.

And the Very Few that don't, get told to go elsewhere.

I Really like what I do, Especially in the Winter/Fall or when the weather is not so good.
But Spring and Summer is a bit of a problem. I like Camping, Swimming, Kayaking and Gardening. So in the Spring and Summer, My time is Much more Limited.

Take care....Gary

chemelec said:
For everyones info: Yes I have Repled to nightcatz Emails and he has now replied back. Now he wants another PCB Design.

Yes there Are "Users" out there.

---------------

Take care....Gary

Hi Gary,

Pitiable as it looked.
one shold be thankful for the type and extant of help rendered.
With all that i only admire the pains taken by you in redesigning and putting up the layout to him /her.
Great of you-- your gesture , that you want to reciprocate--

Incidentally in India we get a type of paper, model 'QUANTUM' (coated paper for color and monochrom inkjet printers), product code CPA4Q made by NEELGAGAN IN PACKS OF 100 SHEETS FOR ROUGHLY $5/-
I do use it with reasonably consistant results.

perhaps this info would enthuse our guys, if anyone really interested to experiment with.

Again, Gary, it is fine to see your gesture.

Good for you chemelec, but tif you do his PCB for him then you aren't really helping him as he won't get the experiance of doing it for himself. Now as he wants another one designing, are you intending to do it again? How many more will he want you to do?

Gary, If I were you, I would "refer" him to a good PCB making book, instead of him asking you to spend your time making PCBs for him.

Also, did you get my email?

Souper man said:
Gary, If I were you, I would "refer" him to a good PCB making book, instead of him asking you to spend your time making PCBs for him.

Also, did you get my email?

I'm Considering doing his board.
First he need to try some really simple ones.

Your Email, Just Looked and Not Yet.
Try Again??

Gary

guys please ,
I just want to put an end to all this discussion regarding I using chemelec......I wanna remind u that I am a newbie in electronics and I was always intrested in electronis I really dont Know how to design a PCB...., so I have decided to use a veroboard for my amplifier project ,for which gary replied saying that it would cause high frequency oscillations that could damage the speaker ,that is when I have decided to make a pcb ..

I am into this forum to learn,clear my doubts in electronis and share my experiments ....All I want now to ur support, I am not a so called "user",I want to learn how to design a pcb and make it at home ...that is the reason I have asked him for the software he used to make designs so that I could try using it.

Now I want you guys to please stop this discussion.... sorry for everthing

nightcatz said:
guys please ,
I just want to put an end to all this discussion regarding I using chemelec

gary replied saying that it would cause high frequency oscillations that could damage the speaker ,that is when I have decided to make a pcb ..

...that is the reason I have asked him for the software he used to make designs so that I could try using it.

I Would also Like this USING part of the Discussion to End.
I personally DON'T feel he is Using Me, He Just Needs some Help.

I ever said it Would cause Oscillation, I Said it COULD cause Oscillations.

And I would send him some software, if I could, but the program I use is registered software and I won't give it out.

But if he searches the internet, he will probably find some.
Than comes the next problem, learning how to use it.

Have a Nice Day to all......Gary

ahm2020 said:
can you give me easy program you use to design layout

you may dowlp\oad and try "PCB123" reach them at **broken link removed**
Reasonably good software. giving good results. the firm is ready to supply the designed PCBs if you send the layout data to them and the cahrges can be calculated right on the program iteslf.

mvs sarma said:
you may dowlp\oad and try "PCB123" reach them at **broken link removed**
Reasonably good software. giving good results. the firm is ready to supply the designed PCBs if you send the layout data to them and the cahrges can be calculated right on the program iteslf.

thank you a lot
:) :) :)

Finally I have made my own pcb at home

hi guys finally I have made my own pcb at home thanks to the wonderful link by gayan...and great pcb design by gary...thanks for ur support

bye,
jesse

Can you do toner transfer with PCB123 artwork? ........[/QUOTE]

I didn't get your point !!

if we want them to make the boards, Yes we pay for it. At times they offer concession. we are sure to get industrial quality boards.

as a hobbyist, and for one single board, perhaps there may be no objection --and toner transfer worked. i have a sample board where i succeeded.

3v0 said:
It was a yes or no question.

Let me try again. Does the PCB123 software allows you to print the artwork on the laser printer that can be used for making toner transfer boards at home.
Hai

The technical answer is YES
first i thought that you are questioning abt the legality.

I have been learning how to run ExpressPCB software here. So far it is working out well. It also lets you print and save the files so you can make your own iron on boards. I have a Amateur Radio friend who helped me learn how to draw my own schematics and do the board layouts in the software. I use a etchant mix of 1 part HCL (hydrochloric acid) to 2 parts Hydrogen Peroxide. It does a board in 5 minutes max time with no problems other than the fumes will burn your lungs. Can not breath any of the fumes.

Another etchant mix I found online was 1 part HCL, 2 parts Peroxide & 4 parts H2O. I haven't tried that one yet but will be doing it tomorrow on a board.

Mike

maor said:
:( none of these work with an ink printer any help?

If you want to do toner transfer boards and only have an inkjet printer you can print with the inkjet and then make a copy with a photo copier. Set the copier to the darkest setting that will not produce unwanted black areas. The copy can be ironed on to the board.

Prior to using any copier test to see if it enlarges or shrinks the image in the X and or Y directions.

3v0 said:
If you want to do toner transfer boards and only have an inkjet printer you can print with the inkjet and then make a copy with a photo copier. Set the copier to the darkest setting that will not produce unwanted black areas. The copy can be ironed on to the board.

Prior to using any copier test to see if it enlarges or shrinks the image in the X and or Y directions.
ok il try that when il get the time and what about that soution?
the fecl3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back